User Avatar Image

Websites that Didn't Need the Change

posted by BoneFreak on - last edited - Viewed by 986 users
So, recently one of my favorite game sites, Kongregate, has been accquired by GameStop, and everyone is worrying about changes. I myself are not worrying, but I did get a good topic. What websites do you think should never have changed to what they are now?

One of mine is Candystand.com. Shortly after Wrigley was bought by MARS, the site got changed. Go figure. It's completely horrible now, before it had quality original content but now it takes crap from all other game sites, including RuneScape, which doesn't even deserve to be there. They also added a huge community thing, and prizes, but that seems to make the site even worse, and I can't even stand to play a game there ever again.
74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • YOUTUBE they make loads of unnecessary changes and the page layouts get worse and worse and when you get used to something they change it
  • The only one I can think of is Wonka.com. I used to visit that site a lot when I was younger, and it had over 50 games, all of which you could download. Now, it's just an "info" site.
  • RingmasterJ5;356311 said:
    The only one I can think of is Wonka.com. I used to visit that site a lot when I was younger, and it had over 50 games, all of which you could download. Now, it's just an "info" site.
    I agree with you 110%. The site seems to have appealed more to adults and teens for some reason, same with Cheetos. Cheetos had a lot more games before, not links to youtube and a "game" where you give cheetos to a girl and watch her reaction.
  • Telltalegames.com. Those auto-playing videos are a major annoyance and gigantic orange buttons are an eyesore.
  • Sailorcuteness;356309 said:
    YOUTUBE they make loads of unnecessary changes and the page layouts get worse and worse and when you get used to something they change it
    I disagree with all the youtube hate. I much prefer the new layout and I've liked pretty much every improvement Google have made since they acquired it.

Everyone is annoyed that they got rid of the star system, but I can't figure out why... the new system is a lot more informative. Youtube released a graph to justify that particular change which showed that that vast majority of users (probably 90% or more) never gave 2, 3 or 4 star ratings. The only ratings anyone every gave were 1 star and 5 star ones. Isn't that the same as "like" or "dislike"?
  • Our local movie theatres used to have really great, well-designed sites until they were bought out by Marcus Theatres. Now everything just directs to their crappy website.
  • Rather Dashing;356325 said:
    Telltalegames.com. Those auto-playing videos are a major annoyance and gigantic orange buttons are an eyesore.
    Is there a reason why you're on these forums?
  • Also, Google's new image search is awful. It's laggy and buggy and can never load anything beyond the first page of images.
  • BoneFreak;356334 said:
    Is there a reason why you're on these forums?
    forums don't have autoplaying vids or gigantic orange buttons
  • thesporkman;356343 said:
    Also, Google's new image search is awful. It's laggy and buggy and can never load anything beyond the first page of images.
    Beaten :(.

I was going to mention just this one...
Add Comment