User Avatar Image

Tales of monkey Island 2 looks unlikely.

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users
According to a recent article posted on Kotaku, LA is making a series of cuts, including stopping outsourcing games.
We've also been told that another sweeping change made by Meegan is that the majority of "external" development of Lucasarts properties is coming to an end, with BioWare's Old Republic MMO to be the last game not developed internally at Lucasarts. That would presumably mean, for example, no more LEGO Star Wars or LEGO Indiana Jones titles after the upcoming LEGO: Clone Wars, as those have all been handled by Traveller's Tales.
77 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Friar;362728 said:
    According to a recent article posted on Kotaku, LA is making a series of cuts, including stopping outsourcing games.
    That just means they aren't making games with other companies. They could still make a deal with Telltale to do Tales 2 and have nothing to do with it.
  • OzzieMonkey;362730 said:
    That just means they aren't making games with other companies. They could still make a deal with Telltale to do Tales 2 and have nothing to do with it.
    Tales of Monkey Island was made as a partnership with LA, just as the lego star wars games are made with travellers tales (and LA). I don't see LA doing a Tales 2, as they would probably have to rent to characters TTG created (like ghost pirate morgan). They would probably just go for a completely different game, if they still decide to continue MI.
  • "the majority of "external" development of Lucasarts properties is coming to an end"

It says "majority of", not "all of". It may not include MI. Also, there might be a chance that LA might give up all the rights of MI to Telltale, like Sam & Max.
  • COME ON, LucasArts. Don't just sit on the rights for another ten years, give them to Telltale!
    Please baby please baby please baby please baby please...
  • Bubblechan;362746 said:
    [...] Also, there might be a chance that LA might give up all the rights of MI to Telltale, like Sam & Max.
    Sam & Max is owned by Steve Purcell, not Lucasarts.
  • monkeymovies;362747 said:
    COME ON, LucasArts. Don't just sit on the rights for another ten years, give them to Telltale!
    Please baby please baby please baby please baby please...
    Too true. Imagine if, as well as season 2, Telltale could also produce Curse:SE and Escape:SE
  • Lucasarts would never sell their intellectual properties to anyone. A theoretical sixth Monkey Island would either be licenced out, like TMI, or be internally developed at LA.

Anyone know if any of the guys who did the Monkey Island special editions have been laid off?
  • Another thing to keep in mind is that we don't know the terms of the Tales licensing agreement. The contract may have been for only one game, but it's also possible that Telltale is sitting on a multiple game agreement. I'm not saying it's likely, but it's a theory that's been mentioned before. We just don't know.
  • That's why I hate TOMI open ending.

And all unending endings.
  • The Highway;362752 said:
    Too true. Imagine if, as well as season 2, Telltale could also produce Curse:SE and Escape:SE
    Hmmm... I think I'd rather LucasArts do those. They'd have a much larger budget.
Add Comment