User Avatar Image

SPOILERS! What was your favorite ending?

posted by MrBaconator on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
I say my favorite ending was the "Recall Crimefighting" ending it was just more funnier but both endings are good I just prefer the Crimefighting one.
53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Crimefighting End:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-5a7ujlNKg

I can't find the adventuring end.

I think the crimefighting end is more true to Sam and Max and makes things feel right. I also was really upset when Sam was ignoring all the crime and injustice as he was walking down the street so it's nice to know that they're all going to get a good Freelance Police punishment!
  • Crimefighting is what Sam & Max is all about.
  • I'm still waiting for Youtube to upload the adventure ending. But if there's something I love of the crimefighter ending (dunno if it's the same with the other) that noody has mentioned: The Music. What's that music that plays as Sam & Max walk into the city? Is that a tune from the first season (which usually played at the end of each case) remastered in nostalgic and awesome glory? And what's that as the Sam & Max names appear? A few notes of the Office theme?

Dunno if the adventuring ending has the same music, but that music pretty much made me feel that the freelance police was back and ready for more adventures...
  • Dale;372345 said:
    There's actually a third ending, if you don't have the conversation to make the choice.
    Really? I thought you couldn't avoid that conversation. Doesn't it begin automatically when you leave Max's brain for the first time?

I much prefer the adventuring ending. I got the other one on my first playthrough: As Sam walked down the street and credits rolled, I was expecting a cheesily cute Hollywood ending. Like Max appearing out of nowhere with a contrived explanation, and the two of them happily setting off into the sunset... and then cheese was served.

If they have to go and make Sam and Max all sappy, I expect something darker at the end - a bitter twist to the sweetness. When Sam and Max left our dimension/timeline in the adventuring ending, I felt I got that.

Perhaps I'm a cynical bastard, but I'm not entirely convinced of this new emotional side to Sam and Max. I almost didn't like Maxthulhu waving goodbye to Sam. So yeah, I'm probably a cynical bastard. :p
  • Crime-Fighting ending, I even made a wallpaper out of it :)
  • harald;372408 said:
    Really? I thought you couldn't avoid that conversation. Doesn't it begin automatically when you leave Max's brain for the first time?
    Hmm. Well, all I know is I didn't get to make the choice at all during my second quick run through the game (on the PS3 version this time, first time through was on the PC version).

The only dialogues I know that I didn't exhaust were with the super-ego, where I ended the conversation straight away.
  • Dale;372433 said:
    Hmm. Well, all I know is I didn't get to make the choice at all during my second quick run through the game (on the PS3 version this time, first time through was on the PC version).

The only dialogues I know that I didn't exhaust were with the super-ego, where I ended the conversation straight away.
    This suggests that it might NOT be possible on the PS3 version--there might only just be the one (slightly different) ending, as compared to the PC version which has two.

I just replayed the PC version and skipped the narrator conversation, and again, it's not possible to proceed without going back out and making the choice.

On the other hand, if the PS3 version does turn out to have all THREE endings, and the PC version only has two, I'm going to be mightily cheesed off. Somebody at Telltale needs to clear this up, straight away.
  • ATMachine;372437 said:
    On the other hand, if the PS3 version does turn out to have all THREE endings, and the PC version only has two, I'm going to be mightily cheesed off. Somebody at Telltale needs to clear this up, straight away.
    Or they could have probably pulled a SpaceQuest on us where the third ending IS in the PC version, but in order to get it, you must pick Adventuring AND pick up Sam Jr. after getting Monster Max to eat Sal.

Just a thought. I haven't tried it myself.
Add Comment