User Avatar Image

lame humour?

posted by foxmcloud58 on - last edited - Viewed by 601 users
Now, I really like sam and max, i love the games, but most of the jokes are just really lame. I laugh at some of em, but not all, is every1 like this?
30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • foxmcloud58;384545 said:
    Now, I really like sam and max, i love the games, but most of the jokes are just really lame. I laugh at some of em, but not all, is every1 like this?
    I wouldn't say "most" but I'm sure all of us find some of them lame (I really dont care for 80% of the "toilet humor")

No, if you want lame jokes/puns play the old Sierra games and die a lot, really, really, really bad jokes about your deaths...
  • I like most of the jokes. Some of them are really funny.
  • I think humor in Season3 got more lame than previous two games'....
  • I thought the humor was pretty funny for the context in this season. Some of the jokes were meant to be corny/"bad" for the sake of comedy. I think it all worked well.
  • Disagreed in all accounts. These games are consistently funnier than anything you see on TV these days.
  • crfh;384630 said:
    Disagreed in all accounts. These games are consistently funnier than anything you see on TV these days.
    So is watching paint dry... :( TV has gone so far downhill over the last decade
  • I definitely disagree. There are two things I know I can always expect to be excellent in a Sam & Max game. Number 1 being the humor, and Number 2 being the music. Even if an episode's puzzles, environments, characters, etc. are lacking, the music and humor are always in top form.
  • Are you kidding me? Sam & Max is the most consistently enjoyable comedy series on the game market today.

Although I have to agree with Ashton about that 80% of toilet humor, there are several gems I really, really like in that remaining 20%.
  • ABlackEyedPea;384649 said:
    Are you kidding me? Sam & Max is the most consistently enjoyable comedy series on the game market today.

Although I have to agree with Ashton about that 80% of toilet humor, there are several gems I really, really like in that remaining 20%.
    I swear, Season 2 had the first ever genuinely funny fart joke.
  • foxmcloud58;384545 said:
    no. most of us love the wacky, inside out humour and the screaming lack of consistency that is Sam & Max. seasons 1 & 2 were a bit better in the humour department (mostly for the sharper one liners), but season 3 is still pretty good.
Add Comment