User Avatar Image

lame humour?

posted by foxmcloud58 on - last edited - Viewed by 601 users
Now, I really like sam and max, i love the games, but most of the jokes are just really lame. I laugh at some of em, but not all, is every1 like this?
30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • foxmcloud58;384545 said:
    Now, I really like sam and max, i love the games, but most of the jokes are just really lame. I laugh at some of em, but not all, is every1 like this?
    I wouldn't say "most" but I'm sure all of us find some of them lame (I really dont care for 80% of the "toilet humor")

    No, if you want lame jokes/puns play the old Sierra games and die a lot, really, really, really bad jokes about your deaths...
  • I like most of the jokes. Some of them are really funny.
  • I think humor in Season3 got more lame than previous two games'....
  • I thought the humor was pretty funny for the context in this season. Some of the jokes were meant to be corny/"bad" for the sake of comedy. I think it all worked well.
  • Disagreed in all accounts. These games are consistently funnier than anything you see on TV these days.
  • crfh;384630 said:
    Disagreed in all accounts. These games are consistently funnier than anything you see on TV these days.
    So is watching paint dry... :( TV has gone so far downhill over the last decade
  • I definitely disagree. There are two things I know I can always expect to be excellent in a Sam & Max game. Number 1 being the humor, and Number 2 being the music. Even if an episode's puzzles, environments, characters, etc. are lacking, the music and humor are always in top form.
  • Are you kidding me? Sam & Max is the most consistently enjoyable comedy series on the game market today.

    Although I have to agree with Ashton about that 80% of toilet humor, there are several gems I really, really like in that remaining 20%.
  • ABlackEyedPea;384649 said:
    Are you kidding me? Sam & Max is the most consistently enjoyable comedy series on the game market today.

    Although I have to agree with Ashton about that 80% of toilet humor, there are several gems I really, really like in that remaining 20%.
    I swear, Season 2 had the first ever genuinely funny fart joke.
  • foxmcloud58;384545 said:
    Now, I really like sam and max, i love the games, but most of the jokes are just really lame. I laugh at some of em, but not all, is every1 like this?
    no. most of us love the wacky, inside out humour and the screaming lack of consistency that is Sam & Max. seasons 1 & 2 were a bit better in the humour department (mostly for the sharper one liners), but season 3 is still pretty good.
Add Comment