User Avatar Image

legality of gameplay movies

posted by Tomelyr on - last edited - Viewed by 409 users
Hi,

i just wanted to ask if homemade gameplay videos from the Telltale Games are legit. Telltale ownes the rights for Bone or Sam and Max and i doesn't want that yt or someone else delete my work.


Greeting Tomelyr.
9 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • fun fact: telltale no longer have the rights to bone...just sayin...

    also hi
  • mrpineapplehead;392535 said:
    fun fact: telltale no longer have the rights to bone...just sayin...
    Correction: They don't have the rights to make NEW games within the Bone franchise. They still completely own the rights to their Bone games and all assets related to those games. They NEVER "owned the rights to Bone", they temporarily owned the rights to produce games based on Bone.

    Telltale's stance on youtube videos of playthroughs has always been, up to this point, that they're perfectly okay.
  • If that is the case, How come I have a copyright id match on my youtube video of the first part of the first episode of sam and max?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnyqp0dv5n8
  • mateo360;392553 said:
    If that is the case, How come I have a copyright id match on my youtube video of the first part of the first episode of sam and max?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnyqp0dv5n8
    If what's the case?
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    mateo360;392553 said:
    If that is the case, How come I have a copyright id match on my youtube video of the first part of the first episode of sam and max?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnyqp0dv5n8
    We've never had a problem with people posting video walkthroughs, Let's Plays, and fan trailers for our games and that continues. Apparently we're just checking in on you now though :)
  • Jake;392557 said:
    We've never had a problem with people posting video walkthroughs, Let's Plays, and fan trailers for our games and that continues. Apparently we're just checking in on you now though :)

    Is uploading a part of the commentery to win an argument ok?
  • mateo360;392553 said:
    If that is the case, How come I have a copyright id match on my youtube video of the first part of the first episode of sam and max?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnyqp0dv5n8
    cuz your video contains video and sounds from a telltale game.

    But its a lot better then deleting it or suspending your account (what happen if you upload a hole movie from Warner bros.)

    Ok. Now i know that its okay from your side to use our content.
    But how about if i am a youtube partner ad get some money from the ads?
    (or in other words: what is about commercial using?)
  • Jake;392557 said:
    We've never had a problem with people posting video walkthroughs, Let's Plays, and fan trailers for our games and that continues. Apparently we're just checking in on you now though :)
    If that is the case, I may do some more games since I since I also plan on do the monkey island series eventually and tales would go great with it.
  • Tomelyr;392572 said:
    .
    But how about if i am a youtube partner ad get some money from the ads?
    (or in other words: what is about commercial using?)
    Unfortunately, neither one of those phrases made a lick of sense to me.
Add Comment