User Avatar Image

Did anyone notice that this season was Max's Saga?

posted by Mystic on - last edited - Viewed by 629 users
It has a lot of firsts for Max in this season. The first time you can control him' (and I don't count the Jurgen battle in season two) the first time where he wasn't captured, or trapped at the end of the episode waiting for Sam to save him, He even saved the day throughout the series. We also find out a lot about Max that we didn't know, hell we find out stuff he didn't know. What did you learn about our favorite rabbity-thing?
14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • He keeps his money in his sock.
  • His junk is a level below his inventory.:p

Seriously though, I found out that he can be unselfish when he feels like it.
    You know, even though this season seemed to point out a lot about Max I felt it pointed out a lot about Sam as well. Their personalities were given a lot more depth throughout the story.
  • I also think this season was more about Sam than Max although it was nicely balance between the two. I think 303 was more interesting in the first half (the Sam half) than the second half where Max does Sam's job. 304 had the Samulacra and 305 was pretty emotional for Sam. Max got the psychic powers but this season felt more about Sam and dealing with Max's powers.
  • Yeah, this was definitely Sam's season. Max does loads of cool stuff, but this is the first time Sam as an individual is explored. We find out so much about his personality.

The next season could have Sam gaining a new skill, while Max gets tons of character development. ;)
  • This was something that annoyed me about some of the endings of Telltale's Sam and Max games, it had one of them trapped by the villain and the other one would have to save him. It just felt out of character for them, I never really pictured either of the two as a damsel and it just seemed like a cliche.
  • Mystic;396107 said:
    the first time where he wasn't captured, or trapped at the end of the episode waiting for Sam to save him
    Wait, what? I can only think of a few times that Max was trapped at the end of the episode, unless you're counting times when both him and Sam were both trapped, which also happened in most of Season 3's episodes.
  • 302 Sammeth was trapped by [SPOILER] Paiperweight [/SPOILER], in 303 Sam was under [SPOILER] Sammunmak's power [/SPOILER] and in 304 he was trapped by [SPOILER] Charlie Hotep [/SPOILER]. That's about 60% of episodes and if your looking for times were Max was trapped 201, 203 and 206.
  • 101, Max held hostage by Brady Culture, Sam has to overcome hypnosis and save him
    106, Sam has to put Max back together after Hugh Bliss creates his 3 vices
    302, Sameth is left dangling over a pit, and Maximus has to save him
    303, Sam is left in a state of hypnosis, and Max has to set everything right
    304, Sam is under the control of Charlie Ho-Tep and Max has to destroy the toybox and save everything
    305, Max has been turned into an elder god and Sam must save him

Every instance of this
  • Lets count...

Sam: I guess 205 counts, 302, 303, 304
    Max: Monkeys Violating the Heavenly Temple (Sam failed though), Hit the Road, 101, would 106 count?, 302/303, 305 in a way

Unless I'm forgetting any moments from the cartoon and BTaS, that's about all the times they've needed to be rescued by each other.
Add Comment