User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 34.8K users
Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.
1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, I think after two negative reviews here and actually seeing a 1/10 from IGN of all places, I'll stay far away from that movie.
  • Unless you like seeing a cat masturbating furiously to pictures of its male master in a bathing suit.
  • DAISHI;766220 said:
    Unless you like seeing a cat masturbating furiously to pictures of its male master in a bathing suit.
    Eeww. Count me out.
  • And Hugh Jackman with a ballsack hanging from his chin.
  • And this is why I don't watch comedy movies that advertise themselves as comedy movies. Because they almost always suck and are completely unfunny because they have nothing else to carry the film other than the comedy. A movie's gotta have something else, action, drama, I don't know. Something to carry the plot when the jokes can't. Characters with soul who just happen to have a soul that is hilarious.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Coneheads 4 1/2 out of 5

I have no idea why critics are so harsh on this movie. It's funny, it's sweet, and it has a nice story. Some of the special effects don't hold up so well today (especially Connie inhaling her submarine sandwich), but there's very little of it anyway (since the plot is mostly about the Coneheads trying to have a normal life on Earth). The stop motion animation with the Garthok on Remulak is excellent though. :)

It's definitely one of the best (and I feel it's the best) movie adaptations of a Saturday Night Live skit. In my opinion it's even better than Wayne's World.
  • The Blues Brothers - Hell yes.
    Mr. Bill’s Real Life Adventures - no.
    Bob Roberts - meh.
    Wayne’s World - yes.
    Wayne’s World 2 - yes.
    Coneheads - meh.
    It’s Pat - no.
    A Night at the Roxbury - no.
    Blues Brothers 2000 - meh.
    Superstar - no.
    The Ladies’ Man - no.
    Harold - no.
    MacGruber - meh.
  • DAISHI;766098 said:
    GOOD GODS don't watch Movie 43. Review coming later.
    So uh, did that review ever get done? I'm hankering for an in-depth dissection of it.
  • Teahouse of the August Moon - :D:D:D:D:D

Nobody I know has ever seen this movie, but it brings a smile to my face every time I watch it. Marlon Brando at his best, in my opinion. It's also hilarious, especially if you know any Japanese at all. Also, takes its place as one of my sources for the weird things I say sometimes.
Add Comment