User Avatar Image

Space quest by telltale games

posted by Thijzzemans on - last edited - Viewed by 610 users
i've been playing tales of monkey island for a while now and i relay like the way telltale games did the game.
i was just wondering how you guys would feel if telltale games bought the space quest franchise and made a new game of it.

i would personally love it.

i hope someone from telltale games reads this.
right now space quest seems doomed.
27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As you can probably tell from my nick, I'd love a new Space Quest game :) As long as Telltale were willing to stick to the spirit of Space Quest and keep in the ability to die.
  • GuybrushWilco;408125 said:
    As you can probably tell from my nick, I'd love a new Space Quest game :) As long as Telltale were willing to stick to the spirit of Space Quest and keep in the ability to die.
    But with the option to continue from that exact spot, please.
  • tredlow;408452 said:
    But with the option to continue from that exact spot, please.
    Or maybe just a few minutes before. Seeing the last Telltale Games and their quite frequent autosave, that shouldn't be a problem.
    But if they resurrect any of Sierra's franchises, what they should avoid aren't the deaths, but the dead-ends (no winable situations, being unable to continue somewhere because you forgot to do something earlier somewhere else and you can't go back to do it)
  • It's not Space Quest (or Sierra in general, really) without a billion ways to die.

If Telltale somehow managed to pick up a Sierra franchise, they should include the hilarious deaths, but treat death the same way as in The Tomb of Sammun-Mak. Go right back to where you were before, with no real punishment except knowing not to do that again.

And please, no unwinnable situations. Ever.
  • Javi-Wan Kenobi;408469 said:
    Or maybe just a few minutes before. Seeing the last Telltale Games and their quite frequent autosave, that shouldn't be a problem.
    But if they resurrect any of Sierra's franchises, what they should avoid aren't the deaths, but the dead-ends (no winable situations, being unable to continue somewhere because you forgot to do something earlier somewhere else and you can't go back to do it)
    RIGHT! That's fate worse than death, there, since there's no telling when you're in a dead-end.
  • I've always been a die hard Space Quest Fan. This would be an awesome thing to see, especially since they originally planned on developing a SQ7.
  • FaMzNeSS;408489 said:
    I've always been a die hard Space Quest Fan. This would be an awesome thing to see, especially since they originally planned on developing a SQ7.
    From what I heard, it was gonna be 3D, or at least 2D with pre-rendered art.
  • tredlow;408492 said:
    From what I heard, it was gonna be 3D, or at least 2D with pre-rendered art.
    Well then, that's right up TY's alley. I know there might be some hurdles with licensing, but maybe if BTTF does well it will prove that TT would be able to breathe new life into that franchise as well.
  • I believe Activision owns the rights to Space Quest. At least, they are the publisher currently listed as selling the "Space Quest Collection" that is available on Steam. Since a new Space Quest game would undoubtedly help sales of that Collection, I would see it is financially beneficial for them. It would have to be a similar type of agreement to how Telltale licensed Monkey Island, where the owner of the license doesn't actually give it up. No way that Activision will just sell off their license without asking for a piece of the pie.

I do think that Space Quest is the one former Sierra series that would actually make sense for Telltale to do. It is the one series with the right mix of humor and adventure. But, it seems like Telltale currently has their hands pretty full so I doubt we will see this any time soon, if ever. I really hope I am wrong though!
  • If it's well done, why not, although there is much better stuff around as well. :O) I liked some of the earlier Space Quest games but somehow the Space Quest serie also never was a quality product. Space Quest somehow stands for all those so so adventures. Interesting enough to take notice but also not really satisfying.
Add Comment