User Avatar Image

How old are you guys? -- survey

posted by mill on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users
To me, I think the story is a bit too childish, something fifteen year olds would enjoy. Perhaps I am too old for this game (27), I dunno. So I'm kind of interested in how old you guys are who are playing the new game. My guess is 23-30, but I guess the stats will show.
22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm 22. I don't think the story is too childish, considering that you're playing a cartoon adventure game about a talking dog and a rabbit. What do you expect from it? Dawson's Creek-style dialogue and heavy storylines?
  • I'm 17. Sam & Max Hit The Road was the second proper computer game I ever played, with Doom being the first. (the casual violence of Max and the casual massacre of "Knee Deep in the Dead" of Doom... didn't affect my childhood in the slightest. Really!) The stories do seem a little childish and wacky, but the one of Hit The Road was too: you have to find a frozen bigfoot and return him to his owners, they could get away with that in a Looney Toons show. The other LEC games were equally as wacky.
  • Incidentally, I cannot vote because my age group is not listed. :P
  • 15 and just got into this beutiful thing called Adventure Games... :)
  • My age group's not listed either...
  • maximmortal;20573 said:
    [...] What do you expect from it? Dawson's Creek-style dialogue and [...]?
    Oh, no, I hope no one would like that. In fact, I'm pretty sure no one would like that.

:)
  • maximmortal;20575 said:
    Incidentally, I cannot vote because my age group is not listed. :P
    haha sorry, and it's not possible to edit the poll either :(
  • Hahaha, oops! Oh well, it's no matter.
  • I'm 35. There's no way the game's "too childish".

But I have been helping my kids out with Putt-Putt, Freddie Fish & Spy Fox in the last few weeks. And I'm being thoroughly entertained by all of them. They're aimed for young children but they're still fun to play (with the kids).
  • I'm 20, but my tastes in entertainment are much more eclectic than my age would dictate. I'm the type of person who will enjoy an opera and an art gallery soiree, then go home and play Grand Theft Auto and watch z-grade slasher films :P

As for the "childishness" of Sam & Max, sure it's cartoonish, and has cheap jokes abound, but I wouldn't call it kid-friendly either. I was rather surprised by a certain running joke in Episode 3, it seemed much less subtle than any sexual overtones in episode 1. (I don't recall any in 2)
Add Comment