User Avatar Image

But you've done this before... Right ?

posted by Frankov on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
I just rewatched the trailer, and I noticed that Marty seems to be "surprised" when the DeLorean starts fluxing... As if it was doing something unexpected.

I guess it can be attributed to the fact that no matter how many times you time-travel, you never really get used to having a wormhole open in your face while driving insanely fast.

But anyone think something is "different" about THAT DeLorean, to have Marty make a "What the hell" look on his face ?

Maybe the radio was playing and when the Delorean starts fluxing, the radio waves of both time periods kinda mix ? Ok, ok, this one is not valid.
52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yes, it might be just the uneasy feeling of reliving all the moments that passed 6 months ago; and then he mans up for the next adventure, for Doc's sake, just as Doc did for Marty at the Clock Tower. I think the DeLorean has something to do with that feeling just by being there :p
  • Yeah, a friend pointed it out to me, and I think its more like 'Uh oh, please don't let me crash into a tree that was here 55 years ago...' And then he's gone....:eek:
  • Remember, too, that Marty never ever time-traveled under non-stressful conditions. Let's recap the times where he drove in the DeLorean up to 88 miles per hour:

#1: Being chased by Libyans wielding a rocket launcher.
    #2: Racing against the clock (literally) to hit the wire with the connecting hook at precisely 10:04pm.
    #3: Was just told that his future kids were screwed up. Oh, yeah, the car is flying, too.
    #4: Dealing with a passed-out girlfriend and impressed about his bitchin' Hilldale address
    #5: Upset that Doc seems unfazed about leaving Jennifer in a hellish parallel world
    #6: Speeding toward a movie screen...and slightly peeved about his inability to think fourth-dimensionally
    #7: Rocketing toward the sheer cliff, being pushed by a locomotive, and confused how a toy hoverboard can support the weight of two grown adults.

So you see, Marty has never had a moment to enjoy driving down a street in the DeLorean, let alone examining it's bits and pieces.
  • I guess he's more squinting from the flashes than looking at the phenomenon with a confused look...

In any case, I'm pretty sure that even if Doc has a seemingly calm look on his face when breaking the time barrier, inside he's probably thinking "I sure hope this is still normal..."

I hope his future glasses have a Peril-Sensitive setting.
  • Frankov;418259 said:
    I guess he's more squinting from the flashes than looking at the phenomenon with a confused look...

In any case, I'm pretty sure that even if Doc has a seemingly calm look on his face when breaking the time barrier, inside he's probably thinking "I sure hope this is still normal..."

I hope his future glasses have a Peril-Sensitive setting.
    I think Marty's look before the serious "alright let's do this" face is him reacting to something other than the DeLorean. We don't know how he's receiving these instructions yet, so it could be that.

Also, I think that the reason Doc bought those glasses was to hide the fact that every time they time travel, his eyes are about as big as a frisbee pie plate.
  • I rewatched the trailer. Though it was after the shot where we were shown the Flux Capacitor, Marty's 'surprised' (or however you call it, 'serious' or 'let's do it' face) face is in fact watching not at the capacitor, but at the time date panel.
  • Don't forget, last time he was in a DeLorean time machine he almost got pwned by an oncoming train.
  • In all honesty.....I don't see Marty looking at the Flux Capacitor.
  • The part I was referring to is not when he's looking at the date panel, and I didn't talk about the flux capacitor, it's when the DeLorean starts breaking the time barrier.

To make it easier, I meant this particular facial expression :

I think it's because of the speed at which he squints... He seems to have a dubious expression. At least I thought so.
  • Oh, you were talking about that.

I personally would squint a bit when my car would start sparkling like that (especially if I'm not used to it anymore. Didn't Marty squint in BttF1 during his first time travel?). I mean, it's kind of a natural reaction of the human organism to that kind of stuff.
Add Comment