User Avatar Image

Back to the Future - Can't click "Play"

posted by Capitalist on - last edited - Viewed by 5.5K users
I installed back to the future, after I log in however, the button marked "Play" doesn't launch the episode so I can't start it.
44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • happening to me as well.
  • OK third time was the charm.... uninstalled twice and it worked reinstalling the third time.... weird.
  • This problem still persists if you run the game without admin rights [on Vista x86 with UAC enabled].

Why does BttF require admin rights when no previous Telltale game requires them to run properly?

And no, firewall and/or anti-virus aren’t blocking anything.
  • I run the game in Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit an I have admin rights, but all the same, I can't click den Play-Button. I played it one time only. What is the problem???
  • I'm having the same problem, but I noticed that this error occurs like this:

You open the game for the first time and play

The next time you open it asks do logoon

But once done, the play button, like any other, not "press", only gets selected.

Here I can only re-enter the game after uninstalling it 200x and even then, without my original savegame
  • I can't get in either and when I tried to right click all I was was reload. There was nothing about play as an administrator. If I can't play this I'm sure glad I got the free episode and didn't pay for something that doesn't work.
  • The same here i have been enjoying it for a bit now...took a break for a couple of weeks and finally ready to start playing again and now i cant click play? Shortcut doesn't work and i have reinstalled it both with keeping saves and losing them and still nothing? TELLTALE HELP! What the hell do i do? I have purchased the whole season and cannot play it again? I need this resolved or a refund!:mad:
  • I have the same problem! And there are other Threads in this forum with the same problem, so please, dear telltale games: fix it!!!!! This is not fair for people who paid for this software.
  • I have download BTTF 2 about ten times and cannot get into the play menu. I have uninstalled BTTF 1 to see if that would solve the problem and nothing. I just can't get into the episode 2 installment.

HELP!!!
  • I have download BTTF 2 about ten times and cannot get into the play menu. I have uninstalled BTTF 1 to see if that would solve the problem and nothing. I just can't get into the episode 2 installment.

HELP!!!
This discussion has been closed.