Sam and Max Abridged

2456713

Comments

  • FlyFly
    edited January 2011
    Bosco auto-tune song

    Actually, it sort of occurred to me how badass that would be a while after I typed that.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    never fear we'll stop him
    *hair hypnotizes them*
    and now we wont
  • edited January 2011
    Finish him!

    *pummelings*
    TOASTY!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    why are you attacking me, i'm not the one who posted naked fan art of you on 4chan
  • mDtmDt
    edited January 2011
    Why is Jimmy's voice high pitched? It's not high-pitched in the game.

    And I hate to say it, but I could do better voices than that, and I suuuuuuuuuck.
  • edited January 2011
    mDt wrote: »
    Why is Jimmy's voice high pitched? It's not high-pitched in the game.

    And I hate to say it, but I could do better voices than that, and I suuuuuuuuuck.

    You know, abridged series tend to veer from it's original counterpart, making it parody...;) But I think that this has potential. I watched it twice and found it to be pretty funny.
  • edited January 2011
    Is true, Weevil and Rex don't really sound like Beavis and Butthead.
  • edited January 2011
    Fly wrote: »
    Actually, it sort of occurred to me how badass that would be a while after I typed that.
    I want Bosco to sing the Bed Intruder Song
  • edited January 2011
    I dunno. Doesn't quite work to me...I don't quite think the writing or voice is to blame especially, it's just that trying to take a funny series and redubbing it to be funnier is putting a lot of expectations on yourself. I generally think it works better when you do it to something meant to be taken seriously.
  • edited January 2011
    It was funnier the third time I watched it. The first time, I had to stop because the voices were driving me nuts. The second time, I watched the full thing, but the voices were still hard to listen to, so I was left mostly feeling annoyed by it. The third time, though, I was used to the voices and could appreciate the jokes.

    I didn't like jabs at the quality of the Telltale Games, because I LIKE the Telltale Games. Still, there were bits that managed to make me laugh.

    TOP THREE FUNNY MOMENTS:

    1) "DRIVING!"

    2) "Aw, HELL naw. First the KKK, and now this?!"

    3) "I have got to stop taking drugs." (Only really because I love the totally flat way it's said.)

    HONORABLE MENTION:
    "We'll probably be able to snap them out of it by reasoning with them."
    (*bonk* *bop* *bonk*)
    "... Or we can do that."

    I think I'd like to see more episodes, mostly because I'd like to see an abridged version of the Devil's Playhouse. Also, since I've only recently played through Donkey Kong Country Returns, I'm still in that state of mind where any outside references to the game makes me slightly giddy, so I liked the use of the hypnosis music.



    (So basically, I mostly liked it. It was ok.)
  • edited January 2011
    Oh my no.

    I physically had to turn it off after the first line. It's bad enough wanting to be like LittleKuriboh but when the very first thing you do is a stolen line it just will not work.

    Also Max's voice... ugh. LK works because he can make his characters sound almost like what they did in the cartoon. I'm sorry but your Max voice was just... grating. It physically hurt me hearing it.

    On the plus side this thread has been most entertaining. It reads like a 4chan spin off series: OP gives self promoting link, is quickly found out. Hilarity ensues.

    Apart from that people seem to have taken to it. You've been given a lot of advice here OP and you should definitely use it because although I couldn't bring myself to watch it, it sounds like it did have potential. A bit of spit and polish and you could be on to something.
  • edited January 2011
    Zonino wrote: »
    I'm sorry but your Max voice was just... grating. It physically hurt me hearing it.

    Well, good news, Zonino. What happened in episode 2 of the actual series will happen here, because I found a new voice actor for Max!

    In future episodes, you'll soon be hearing Gohaku2 breathe life into the lagomorph!
  • edited January 2011
    i liked it, are you going to do any more?
  • edited January 2011
    i liked it, are you going to do any more?

    Yup! :D
  • edited January 2011
    lattsam wrote: »
    Well, good news, Zonino. What happened in episode 2 of the actual series will happen here, because I found a new voice actor for Max!

    In future episodes, you'll soon be hearing Gohaku2 breathe life into the lagomorph!

    Oy, I missed this comment didn't I?
    *big blush* Heheh, well I did my best for the first time around! I tried to focus more on 'getting the spirit' of Max rather than the voice itself. I will continue to work at it though! I really like the concept of abridged series.

    Also, I do believe it's possible to abridge almost anything. Bo-bo-bo Bo-bo Bo-bo-bo is pushing it but it can be done!
  • edited January 2011
    Also, lattsam lied about doing all of the female voices in the following episodes... *cough*
  • edited January 2011
    Also, lattsam lied about doing all of the female voices in the following episodes... *cough*

    That's right. I'm sticking to just Sybil, thanks.

    Progress on episode 2 is coming along really smoothly now. I think I've got the episode halfway done already, and I expect to post a complete version before the week is over.

    I'll give you a hint: the episode has something to do with abridged series in general...

    Watch this space for updates!
  • edited January 2011
    Also, lattsam lied about doing all of the female voices in the following episodes... *cough*
    lattsam wrote: »
    That's right. I'm sticking to just Sybil, thanks.

    Progress on episode 2 is coming along really smoothly now. I think I've got the episode halfway done already, and I expect to post a complete version before the week is over.

    I'll give you a hint: the episode has something to do with abridged series in general...

    Watch this space for updates!

    LOL! I didn't know he's still doing Sybil's voice! This is going to be interesting, and I'm really excited to see the new episode.
  • edited January 2011
    I hope my Pennyworth didn't totally suck.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    this is going to be good
  • edited January 2011
    Gohaku wrote: »
    Also, I do believe it's possible to abridge almost anything. Bo-bo-bo Bo-bo Bo-bo-bo is pushing it but it can be done!

    I think the only way this could be done well is to make it serious, like Power Rangers RPM (Not mentioning Turbo for obvious reasons). It's already a parody of Anime in general.
  • edited January 2011
    Remolay wrote: »
    I hope my Pennyworth didn't totally suck.
    I'm sure you did great! I can't wait to want to hear it.
    Remolay wrote: »
    I think the only way this could be done well is to make it serious, like Power Rangers RPM (Not mentioning Turbo for obvious reasons). It's already a parody of Anime in general.

    I definitely agree. To abridge that show, it'd have to be serious but the writing would have to be refreshingly sarcastic or something.
    :confused:
  • edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011
    You somehow made Hugh Bliss even more gay than before.

    I congratulate you, sir.
  • edited January 2011
    lattsam wrote: »

    Talk about putting your heart on the line.... I'm so nervous...:D
    I swear I'm going to improve! Well, I'm off to watch it now *gulp*
  • edited January 2011
    Ok, I watched it and thought it was a great improvement from the last episode. I'm going to try be as objective as possible here...

    Performances
    • The director's and Myra's voices were really good. The actress sounds almost like TellTale's.
    • Remolay; Your Pennyworth did NOT suck! I thought he was pretty funny. The voice reminds me of Owl from Little Bear, and that totally worked for me.
    • Max; All I can say is that I'll continue to improve. I did like how "You make bunny cry!" came out. (objectiveness)
    • lattsam; Your Sam is really funny. The way you portray him works well for the script. Of course, Hugh Bliss was faaabulously flamboyant!

      I recommend getting more actors to play various roles*cough*. It can be taxing to do so many voices. :)

    Script
    The timing here was well done. I was a little concerned seeing as how we had limited interaction via internet. So, good job with that! Also, the material works well considering it's being entered into a contest.

    Production
    The only place where I strongly suggest improvement is the sound mix. Some parts were extremely loud, while others were sped up unnecessarily. If you sped up some parts to cut down on time, try looking at other moments to cut back on. Example: Sam's eating pics, or the part where Sam's unconscious.

    Every other aspect was great to me! I like how you included MDT's rap too.

    Overall
    Great Job! I look forward to working on future episodes with you! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ah man, he hit puberty before me, DAMN
  • edited January 2011
    Gohaku wrote: »
    Ok, I watched it and thought it was a great improvement from the last episode. I'm going to try be as objective as possible here...

    Performances
    • The director's and Myra's voices were really good. The actress sounds almost like TellTale's.
    • Remolay; Your Pennyworth did NOT suck! I thought he was pretty funny. The voice reminds me of Owl from Little Bear, and that totally worked for me.
    • Max; All I can say is that I'll continue to improve. I did like how "You make bunny cry!" came out. (objectiveness)
    • lattsam; Your Sam is really funny. The way you portray him works well for the script. Of course, Hugh Bliss was faaabulously flamboyant!

      I recommend getting more actors to play various roles*cough*. It can be taxing to do so many voices. :)

    The director and Myra...

    ^___^ (that was me)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    i can probably play as the president in episode 4, i sound crazy enough to play as him
  • edited January 2011
    The director and Myra...

    ^___^ (that was me)

    Ooh! You did a great job! I like the way you said; "My pink hair and I". I just lol'd so hard.

    Hey, are you Mangachibehfox on DA by any chance?
  • edited January 2011
    Gohaku wrote: »
    Ooh! You did a great job! I like the way you said; "My pink hair and I". I just lol'd so hard.

    Hey, are you Mangachibehfox on DA by any chance?

    Nope. I'm 417-Vasantasena-St
  • edited January 2011
    Nope. I'm 417-Vasantantasena-St

    Oh. Well again, great job! I guess we had bit of a cast modification:confused:
  • edited January 2011
    Gohaku, well done, you were excellent. :D You bloody stole the show from Lattsam. :p

    Lattsam, I do have to compliment your comedic timing, and I had my doubts about an abridged series of something that is already a comedy, but you seem to be pulling it off pretty well. :D

    However, I do hope you'll drop the voice actor bashing...it was just about acceptable in Episode 1 since it was something that caused controversy among the fanbase when Telltale first started, but in this one you out and out insulted Telltale's voice actors, saying they can't act. I hope by the time you get to 305 Abridged it won't be like "I miss my little buddy, and I miss his original voice actor from 18 years ago! His current voice actor who started half a decade ago is awful."
  • edited January 2011
    Teeth wrote: »
    Gohaku, well done, you were excellent. :D You bloody stole the show from Lattsam. :p

    Lattsam, I do have to compliment your comedic timing, and I had my doubts about an abridged series of something that is already a comedy, but you seem to be pulling it off pretty well. :D I do hope you'll drop the voice actor bashing soon-ish, mind...it was just about acceptable in Episode 1 since it was something that caused controversy among the fanbase when Telltale first started, but in this one you out and out insulted Telltale's voice actors, saying they can't act. I hope by the time you get to 305 Abridged it won't be like "I miss my little buddy, and I miss his original voice actor from 18 years ago! His current voice actor who started half a decade ago is awful."

    No, it sounded to me like he meant that the voice actors in the ABRIDGED series couldn't act.
  • edited January 2011
    Definitely funnier to watch than read. I loved the effect on my fake vomiting.
  • edited January 2011
    Teeth wrote: »
    Gohaku, well done, you were excellent. :D You bloody stole the show from Lattsam. :p

    Lattsam, I do have to compliment your comedic timing, and I had my doubts about an abridged series of something that is already a comedy, but you seem to be pulling it off pretty well. :D

    However, I do hope you'll drop the voice actor bashing...it was just about acceptable in Episode 1 since it was something that caused controversy among the fanbase when Telltale first started, but in this one you out and out insulted Telltale's voice actors, saying they can't act. I hope by the time you get to 305 Abridged it won't be like "I miss my little buddy, and I miss his original voice actor from 18 years ago! His current voice actor who started half a decade ago is awful."

    It's not like I'm going to make the voice actor thing a running gag or anything... I've got other running gags in mind.

    Besides, those first two episodes were when the hatred Sam and Max fans had for Telltale's actors were at its zenith.
  • edited January 2011
    Hey, uh, I dunno if you're still looking, but I can always try and voice someone.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    i am offering to play harry moleman
  • edited January 2011
    I actually believe Seibert could be Harry, I've heard his voice on Team Fortress before, I think he can do it.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    yeah my voice is pretty high, enough for harry, i'd give you a demo if i knew how to do it with windows
Sign in to comment in this discussion.