User Avatar Image

Telltale's Game Informer surprise is Jurassic Park! (Article online now)

posted by RAnthonyMahan on - last edited - Viewed by 12.1K users
Telltale said on their Facebook page that there'd be a special announcement about a new project (presumably not Jurassic Park) in the latest issue of Game Informer. Could anybody with a GI subscription maybe help shed some light for us?

In the meantime, consider this a speculation thread.

EDIT: It's since been confirmed to be our first look at Jurassic Park. Stay tuned!

EDIT 2: Here's the story / images:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/jurassic_park/b/pc/archive/2011/01/14/an-unlikely-developer-steps-into-the-maw-of-a-troubled-license.aspx
271 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Probably a Puzzle Agent season, as Nelson released a new piece of artwork on FB today.
  • Heads up! The February issue of Game Informer magazine has some exclusive new content from an upcoming project!
    Doesn't say a 'new project' per se, so I'm guessing Jurassic Park.

Edit: In the FB comments, people are claiming Game Informer say it's a sequel - though I can't find where they're getting that info from.
  • They're announcing a coming-of-age story, starring a time-travelling dog and his best companion - his hat. He arrives into the age of dinosaurs, where much point and clickery leads to the creation of his new faithful companion - the dino-rabbit - a bipedal rabbit with a carnivorous-looking maw. They travel together in order to escape the wrath of a guy, a doctor, and yet another dog, who all claim that 'the bastards stole our car,' and ultimately must make a choice between continuity, fanfiction, and love.

(Yeah, I got nothin'.)
  • Subscriptions are allegedly being fulfilled today, so expect plenty of info around midday PST.
  • Seeing as they ended Tales with a cliffhanger, I seriously hope a sequel to Tales is the surprise.
  • I'm expecting Jurassic Park as well. Or maybe it'll be a ~swerve~ and the piece will be on BttF's Citizen Brown arc.
  • 1nky;436251 said:
    They're announcing a coming-of-age story, starring a time-travelling dog and his best companion - his hat. He arrives into the age of dinosaurs, where much point and clickery leads to the creation of his new faithful companion - the dino-rabbit - a bipedal rabbit with a carnivorous-looking maw. They travel together in order to escape the wrath of a guy, a doctor, and yet another dog, who all claim that 'the bastards stole our car,' and ultimately must make a choice between continuity, fanfiction, and love.

(Yeah, I got nothin'.)
    I'd buy it.
  • I reckon it'll be the next "small" game (Puzzle Agent, Inventory...?) - Something along those lines!
  • I have a feeling it would be a part II of Puzzle agent. I'd be surprised if it was Monkey island.
  • It's most likely Futurama. Because I WILL IT to be so.
Add Comment