User Avatar Image

Raptors

posted by Spinky on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users
I just watched the first movie again and noticed that they said 7 raptors were bred. Then the large female raptor killed all but 2 of the others, leaving just 3 total. At the end of the movie 2 are killed by the t-rex. This means that there is only one raptor left on the island to appear in the game (plus any baby raptors from the lab). That's probably why they needed to introduce a "new threat."
55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • raptors will find a way
  • One of the Game Informer pictures shows a couple of Raptors hanging out by Nedry's jeep.
  • Spinky;438081 said:
    I just watched the first movie again and noticed that they said 7 raptors were bred. Then the large female raptor killed all but 2 of the others, leaving just 3 total. At the end of the movie 2 are killed by the t-rex. This means that there is only one raptor left on the island to appear in the game (plus any baby raptors from the lab). That's probably why they needed to introduce a "new threat."
    Raptors were secretly breeding in the novel and the footprints by the nest that Grant found in the movie looked like those of raptors IRC.
  • Crispy Onion;438140 said:
    Raptors were secretly breeding in the novel and the footprints by the nest that Grant found in the movie looked like those of raptors IRC.
    It's not based on the book franchise but the movie, but yes those were raptor footprints that were trailing off.
  • Icedhope;438142 said:
    It's not based on the book franchise but the movie, but yes those were raptor footprints that were trailing off.
    Yeah I know, but the book was often used in the past to add more story elements into movie-related stuff.

Like the raptors breeding in a cave or compys living on Isla Nublar, the river scene, and so on.
  • Dinosaurs were breeding in the movie too. Remeber the scene where Grant stumbles upon the nest? Who's to say the Raptors didn't have eggs before getting chomped on by the T-Rex?

Edit: I think the addition of a new dinosaur was to keep things fresh and interesting. Imagin what JP3 would have been like without the Spinosaurs. Would have been a tad bit boaring.
  • The funny thing about Spinosaurus is that it had a significantly lighter build than the T-Rex. How they portrayed that marine dieted animal in the lineage with dilophosaurus and baryonyx in JP3 was ludicrous IMO.
  • is the game going to be on ps3?!?!
  • Drevial;438510 said:
    The funny thing about Spinosaurus is that it had a significantly lighter build than the T-Rex. How they portrayed that marine dieted animal in the lineage with dilophosaurus and baryonyx in JP3 was ludicrous IMO.
    I beleive your thinking of Suchimimus
    Drevial;438520 said:
    is the game going to be on ps3?!?!

Nothing has been confirmed as to which system it will be available for at this time.
  • nope, I'm specifically speaking about Spinosaurus
Add Comment