34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    onebluebird Telltale Alumni
    Hello,

Really happy to hear you like and I was surprised to see it online already. I designed it and Ryan Jones (the concept artist from the Tales of Monkey Island Series) provided the wonderful piece of art. I really wanted something that was more traditional and based the concept off something Steve had doodled sometime back, Ryan then brought it to life for this cover.
    Hope everyone enjoys it!!
  • Oh my gosh, that looks brilliant! It's worth buying another copy just for that!

I always thought Ryan's style was great, so it's really cool that he got to do the cover art for this version. Also, that's probably one of the best pieces I've seen of his; that hand poxed hand looks amazing!
  • onebluebird;438456 said:
    Hello,

Really happy to hear you like and I was surprised to see it online already. I designed it and Ryan Jones (the concept artist from the Tales of Monkey Island Series) provided the wonderful piece of art. I really wanted something that was more traditional and based the concept off something Steve had doodled sometime back, Ryan then brought it to life for this cover.
    Hope everyone enjoys it!!

I love it Im proboly gona rebuy it just for that cover!
  • A-ha! I thought I'd seen a similar design somewhere before.

Edit:
    onebluebird;438456 said:
    I based the concept off something Steve had doodled sometime back, Ryan then brought it to life for this cover.
    Oh, whoops, just read that part then.

Also: Is there any chance we could see the original piece of art without the logos covering it?
  • Like the way it's called Premium Edition to! Makes it feel different from the others.
  • Wow, that looks brilliant.
    I think I actually prefer the new one, if only for the facial expressions.

Also: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Monkey-Island-Collectors-DVD/dp/B004GHMRR2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294915894&sr=8-2

Pretty funny how they used Laserschwert's poster for the main image. XD
  • Wow! OK, I'm definately getting myself another copy. You can't have too many copies of MI in my opinion!
  • The cover aside, it seems that the retail releases don't have any additional bells and whistles, right?
  • FitzoliverJ;438601 said:
    The cover aside, it seems that the retail releases don't have any additional bells and whistles, right?
    I'm not too sure, but Play.com says that it has the concept art, IWWHI videos, wallpapers, trailers and avatars. It doesn't say anything about commentary though.
  • Well, that's all the reason I need to buy one! Ryan's art is awesome.
Add Comment