User Avatar Image

I Downloaded It, But Can't Play (Episode 1)

posted by monstro567 on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users
Hey I just downloaded my copy of Back to the Future: The Game Episode 1, but when I launch it I get this window with all the episodes listed on it. I clicked on Episode 1 and then clicked play yet it won't launch the game. Someone please help me.

P.S. If it helps I run on Windows 7.
17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Same here. I click play and it does nothing. I'm also running Windows 7.
  • Same problem - but on Mac OS X (10.6.6).
  • Hey I fixed it a few hours ago, I've been playing for a while, and what you need to do is run it as Administrator. To do this, in Windows, you need to right click on the icon and it should be one of the avaliable options.
  • That worked. Thanks.
  • Thanks. Why didn't I think about that mys self?
  • Any fixes for Mac? I have the problem and it's driving me nuts!
  • Same problem. Running on OSX.
  • Just downloaded first episode for free but couldn't play it either.
    My file was called "BackToTheFuture101 DRM 15.15" or something like that so i just deleted that last part so my file is just called "BackToTheFuture101" now and it worked. I have Mac OS X
  • Run as administrator doesn't work for me, i get the same problem. I bought the whole series and have downloaded ep 1 and 2 and neither will play.

Windows 7 64-bits. Admin rights.
    And the ctrl+shift+- , ctrl+shift++ doesn't work either..
    This makes me sad..

UPDATE:
    After a few hours of troubleshooting i figured out that the game didn't like AirfoilInject3.dll, a file associated with Airfoil. So i uninstalled Airfoil and now i can play! The game looks great!
  • DMC-82;455927 said:
    Just downloaded first episode for free but couldn't play it either.
    My file was called "BackToTheFuture101 DRM 15.15" or something like that so i just deleted that last part so my file is just called "BackToTheFuture101" now and it worked. I have Mac OS X
    Yep this worked for me too!
This discussion has been closed.