User Avatar Image

Sierra Franchises?

posted by Kolgax on - last edited - Viewed by 309 users
Hi, I just had to share my opinion on this:

First of all, I checked back here at the Telltale site only to notice at least 2 new series I will probably buy: Hector the Inspector and Kings Quest. (Sorry I'm kinda not psyched for Jurassic Park, but I did buy the season of BTTF)

Anyways firstly about the Sierra Franchises: I will probably buy King's Quest, but honestly personally I think KQ was about the worst of their franchises. :) I don't mean to say it was bad or anything particularly, just not my favorite. As I remember it it was frustrating as well as not being not really all that entertaining. I realize KQ is a very popular series with a lot of followers and this is really just my opinion so I apologize if I have offended anyone. That said I think Telltale can add a lot to this old series and I have the feeling that the Telltale Games will probably be the very best KQ games ever.

However, that all said - if you guys are getting access to Sierra's properties...please get your hands on Space Quest and Leisure Suit Larry!! After seeing your treatments of Monkey Island and Sam n Max, I trust you guys! :D These I think were definitely Sierra's best franchises. :)

Thanks,
Kolgax
21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Kolgax;460470 said:
    Hi, I just had to share my opinion on this:

First of all, I checked back here at the Telltale site only to notice at least 2 new series I will probably buy: Hector the Inspector and Kings Quest. (Sorry I'm kinda not psyched for Jurassic Park, but I did buy the season of BTTF)

Anyways firstly about the Sierra Franchises: I will probably buy King's Quest, but honestly personally I think KQ was about the worst of their franchises. :) I don't mean to say it was bad or anything particularly, just not my favorite. As I remember it it was frustrating as well as not being not really all that entertaining. I realize KQ is a very popular series with a lot of followers and this is really just my opinion so I apologize if I have offended anyone. That said I think Telltale can add a lot to this old series and I have the feeling that the Telltale Games will probably be the very best KQ games ever.

However, that all said - if you guys are getting access to Sierra's properties...please get your hands on Space Quest and Leisure Suit Larry!! After seeing your treatments of Monkey Island and Sam n Max, I trust you guys! :D These I think were definitely Sierra's best franchises. :)

Thanks,
    Kolgax
    I'm largely in agreement. However, I do believe you'll find that Gabriel Knight was the greatest Sierra Adventure game series. ;)
  • Having TTG do Gabriel Knight would not make me sad at all either. :)
  • Kolgax;460474 said:
    Having TTG do Gabriel Knight would not make me sad at all either. :)
    Providing Jane Jensen is involved of course.
  • Kolgax;460470 said:

Thanks,
    Kolgax

Agreed! Telltale, get on it!
  • baron_calamity;460488 said:
    Agreed! Telltale, get on it!
    I suspect they already have. Just wait until next year ;)
  • You're all wrong, the best Sierra series was Space Quest! :)
  • GuybrushWilco;460491 said:
    You're all wrong, the best Sierra series was Space Quest! :)
    Uh, the original poster said that.
  • Davies;460492 said:
    Uh, the original poster said that.
    Except for the original poster.
  • Davies;460490 said:
    I suspect they already have. Just wait until next year ;)
    I think we have a good chance of seeing space quest but I doubt Telltale will touch LSL. I hope I'm wrong.
  • baron_calamity;460499 said:
    I think we have a good chance of seeing space quest but I doubt Telltale will touch LSL. I hope I'm wrong.
    What with TellTale moving into more adult territory with The Walking Dead, you may well be wrong ;)
Add Comment