User Avatar Image

Updated Maniac Mansion?

posted by OX_Bigly on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users
Hello

A question for the folks at TelltaleGames:
Will you be bringing back Maniac Mansion like you did Monkey Island?

I know that a lot of people are waiting for it and would love to see an update.

Thanks
20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Believe me you don't want TT doing Maniac Mansion. Not anymore as this would involve doing a weird, adventure, game. You better ask Ron Gilbert on the DoubleFine site.
  • taumel;464944 said:
    Believe me you don't want TT doing Maniac Mansion. Not anymore as this would involve doing a weird, adventure, game. You better ask Ron Gilbert on the DoubleFine site.
    Either you have never played the game or are trying to make a dumb joke:confused:
  • Okay you got me. What's this Maniac Mansion you're talking about? Is it a character from Monkey Island? I've played all Monkey Islands but i can't remember a character with this name in both games.
  • Is this guy for real?
  • Me, him or Maniac Mansion? I'm real, dude, i have elitist join date from 2006!
  • A new Maniac Mansion game would be awesome but it would be difficult to do this series in an episodic format. Both MM games took place in one location and there weren't really any major plot points between the beginning and the end. But then again, they managed to do it with Sam & Max so it could be possible.
  • There are already a couple remakes. Plus Ron Gilbert has talked about wanting to remake it for real...
  • There are already a couple remakes. Plus Ron Gilbert has talked about wanting to remake it for real...
    I think what OX Bigly was asking was, are they going to make another sequel to MM.
    A new game with a new story, sort of like tales of monkey island.
  • ragdoll556;465163 said:
    I think what OX Bigly was asking was, are they going to make another sequel to MM.
    A new game with a new story, sort of like tales of monkey island.
    yeah good call.
  • Well, I don't mean a sequel.
    I mean redoing the graphics adding voices and redoing the music (OC Remix).

There is also no reason it should be episodic, the redo of the first Monkey Island wasn't.

As far as other remakes all I've ever seen is graphic updates.

It would be nice to add Day of the Tentacle added to it as well.
Add Comment