User Avatar Image

Option to combine all episodes.

posted by PrivateJoker on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
We should get an update after the final episode that allows us to play through all the episodes without interruption. This would be a nice mode, and I don't think it would be too hard to implement.

Support?
22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • While I agree that would be a nice option, from the way other seasons of other games have gone, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
  • PrivateJoker;465484 said:
    We should get an update after the final episode that allows us to play through all the episodes without interruption. This would be a nice mode, and I don't think it would be too hard to implement.

Support?
  • I'd like it, but given that they didn't do it with the other games, I doubt it will happen. I don't really get why they don't just have one base program and treat the later episodes the same way other games treat DLC.
  • This is something the fans have been begging for after every season .... so far NO LUCK.
  • The beginning/ending aesthetic of the episodes would be kind of weird though.
  • it would be great, cause like in monkey island, they had acts, so I think they could put together a dvd were the game just comes into acts instead of episodes, which are still the same concept

the episodes are mainly acts anyway since they all have there own title

I think there not doing that though cause there making more money by calling them separate games
  • But they're meant to be separate episodes. Each episode ends with a lead-in to the next one, and each episode begins continuing that scene.

I guess it'd be nice for anyone trying to play all the episodes at once to not have to sit through four extra credits sequences, but at the same time it doesn't seem particularly necessary.
  • RAnthonyMahan;465817 said:
    it doesn't seem particularly necessary.
    Yeah, but it also doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do, either. Essentially it's just like any of the thousands of video games that let you select which stage you want to play.
  • Essentially it's just like any of the thousands of video games that let you select which stage you want to play.
    It's not like that at all. It's actually more like any TV show that's released on DVD. A season of Lost isn't strung together into one crazy 20 hour extravaganza on DVD.

A Telltale series consists of five games that are developed and released independently. What you're asking for would require the team to go back and somehow mush these five games together into one big game. It's probably not impossible, but it's not easy, either. So then the question is whether devoting programming resources to a project like this is a cost effective decision, and considering that the games have already been released as episodes and stringing them together into a mega game is not likely to result in substantially more profit than releasing them as a five episode compilation would, chances are those resources could be better used in another way.

Sorry to be a downer, but I get passionate when someone says "but it's so easy!" about this kind of thing. If it were easy, Telltale would have done it long ago. :p
  • Emily;465839 said:
    It's not like that at all. It's actually more like any TV show that's released on DVD. A season of Lost isn't strung together into one crazy 20 hour extravaganza on DVD.

A Telltale series consists of five games that are developed and released independently. What you're asking for would require the team to go back and somehow mush these five games together into one big game. It's probably not impossible, but it's not easy, either. So then the question is whether devoting programming resources to a project like this is a cost effective decision, and considering that the games have already been released as episodes and stringing them together into a mega game is not likely to result in substantially more profit than releasing them as a five episode compilation would, chances are those resources could be better used in another way.

Sorry to be a downer, but I get passionate when someone says "but it's so easy!" about this kind of thing. If it were easy, Telltale would have done it long ago. :p
    I mean yea, it wouldn't be easy, I understand that that they would have to program the game to change it into one game, my idea is that if they wanted to, they could change it into acts like a traditional monkey island game, but the only problem with doing this is lets admit it, monkey island isn't a call of duty game, if they thought that it would benefit them, they would do it, its more of the fact that this would be a big waste of there time for a genre that isn't as played as much as other well known ones.

I love adventure games like this, it is a shame that in today's world that alot of gamers, and causal ones would rather shoot and drive then listen to a story and solve puzzles

I do agree about the shortness of the episodes(not sure about ep 2) bttf ep 1 was not as long as the tales series, I am kinda worried that its not going to be as long as tales
Add Comment