User Avatar Image

Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The Lost Concept Art!

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 7.9K users
As pointed out a couple months ago, the Sam & Max Season 3 DVD was a little... lacking in the concept concept art department. We usually fill that thing up with everything we have laying around, but for whatever reason, with the Season 3 disc there was just a small handful of art, the same stuff that was available on the existing website. Soo...

Here you go!

Sorry it's taken so long but there is a bunch more stuff to look at! All of it is by Ryan Jones, with the exception of the color paint-overs, which are by Derek Sakai.

UPDATE: Sam & Max Season 3 concept art can now be found on this page.
80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yes! Thanks Jake! Winning!

By the way, who drew these? Forgive my lack of info.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    They're all drawn by our concept artist Ryan Jones, except for the color tests which are painted over rough-stage game environments by Derek Sakai, one of our art directors.
  • How about Monster Max? is there any concept art for him?
  • Malleys;473269 said:
    How about Monster Max? is there any concept art for him?
    Oh gosh, seconding this. And how about that art used in the icon for 304? The Sam clone one?
  • Yep. I've digested them all. Bring in a second batch please.

Oh I'm SO spoiled.
  • Any chance we could see some concepts of Baby Amelia Earhart? Do you have any of Bosco and Momma Bosco's ancestors from the old country?
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    queen_of_the_lobsters;477904 said:
    Any chance we could see some concepts of Baby Amelia Earhart? Do you have any of Bosco and Momma Bosco's ancestors from the old country?
    Baby Amelia might exist. Ancient Boscos... why would they exist? Were they mentioned in the episode, or mentioned as something in an early design? I don't think they were ever drawn, if they ever existed.
  • Jake;477905 said:
    Baby Amelia might exist. Ancient Boscos... why would they exist? Were they mentioned in the episode, or mentioned as something in an early design? I don't think they were ever drawn, if they ever existed.
    The Bosco's were mentioned in the commentary of Tomb of Sammun-Mak, as a concept that got rejected. I was curious if there ever were any designs for those characters.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Ah, crazy! I didn't know that (didn't work on episode 2 much). I don't think they got as far as being drawn, sorry to say.
  • Jake;472937 said:
    They're all drawn by our concept artist Ryan Jones, except for the color tests which are painted over rough-stage game environments by Derek Sakai, one of our art directors.
    Awesome. Thanks for replying, and great job on Season 3.

May I ask what software does the art team use to color the artwork? Or is it done by hand? Sammun-Mak/Max looks really nice here.
Add Comment