User Avatar Image

Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The Lost Concept Art!

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 8.8K users
As pointed out a couple months ago, the Sam & Max Season 3 DVD was a little... lacking in the concept concept art department. We usually fill that thing up with everything we have laying around, but for whatever reason, with the Season 3 disc there was just a small handful of art, the same stuff that was available on the existing website. Soo...

Here you go!

Sorry it's taken so long but there is a bunch more stuff to look at! All of it is by Ryan Jones, with the exception of the color paint-overs, which are by Derek Sakai.

UPDATE: Sam & Max Season 3 concept art can now be found on this page.
80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Gohaku;478943 said:
    Awesome. Thanks for replying, and great job on Season 3.

May I ask what software does the art team use to color the artwork? Or is it done by hand? Sammun-Mak/Max looks really nice here.
    Its handdrawn pencilwork that is scanned and then colored in Photoshop, which is always mind-blowing to me
  • Jake;478945 said:
    Its handdrawn pencilwork that is scanned and then colored in Photoshop, which is always mind-blowing to me
    Haha! I figured as much, it is pretty amazing. I do some fan work using a similar program known as GIMP. It's not nearly as powerful as Photoshop however

Thanks, you've been great with replying to all of these comments! Could I ask one more question? To get your opinion on something?
  • damn i never thought this would actually happen
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Gohaku;479237 said:
    Thanks, you've been great with replying to all of these comments! Could I ask one more question? To get your opinion on something?
    Yes.

That was kind of a waste of a question though, don't you think?
  • Wonderful drawings. :D I actually love the drawings more than the 3d-graphics. It takes me back to the late 90's click-and-point adventures with all the crazy objects and backgrounds. My favourites are the arctic circle and the clone chamber. Amazing! :D
  • Jake;481459 said:
    Yes.

That was kind of a waste of a question though, don't you think?
    Aha! You're right... Apologies :o

Well my question, as it relates to Sam and Max, is this; How do you like my Max impression? :D Just curious to know. I'd really appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrJnznYw8bY&feature=feedu
  • User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator
    Sorry if this is late, but is there any art for Noir Sam?
  • Okay this is REALLY late, but I always wondered what that scrawl was in Papierwaite's diary. I tried to read it but all I could understand were the "Mr. Bossy" and "Bigger Spell=Answer?" comments. Is it real words, or just chicken scratch, and if its the former would you mind posting what embarrassing poetry and schoolboy crushes were written in there?
  • Jake;472937 said:
    They're all drawn by our concept artist Ryan Jones
    I just love Ryan's work. Every so often I thumb through the Tales of Monkey Island Art Collection and am mesmerized by them.

It would be cool to also have the S&M concepts as printed collection but I guess nobody has the time currently.
  • Bump for more concept art.
Add Comment