User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Song(s) You Heard

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 8.4K users
I don't know how far this topic'll go, but it could be interesting. I guess it depends how often you guys listen to music; I do it every day!

I'll start. You can post links too if you want. I mostly only ever listen to songs I like, so this list might end up being rather silly. :D

Under the Boardwalk - Bruce Willis and the Temptations - 11/11

Joy to the World - Three Dog Night - 11/11

La Bamba - Ritchie Valens - 11/11

Devil Woman - Bruce Willis - 9/11

Sinner's Prayer - Bruce Willis, BB King, and Billy Preston - 10/11

Everybody Jam! - Scatman John - 11/11

Snow Road - Yuka Tsujiyoko - 9/11

Friday - Rebecca Black - 0/11 Because it's the cool thing to say.
285 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Iron Maiden - "Mother Russia" - 9.5/10
    This is easily one of the best tracks off of 'No Prayer for the Dying' - an album that I don't actually consider to be that bad. And, if I'm going to be completely honest, I think I get more listening pleasure out of it than I do from 'Number of the Beast'. I think this is one of the best 'NPftD' tracks for two reasons - a) Dickinson's voice is less scratchy/screechy on this occasion, and b) Maiden really have managed to create that (almost)neo-classical metal sound on this track, which is something that I noticed a lot of on the 'Dance of Death' album (which is one of their best albums, in my opinion).

Stuart Chatwood - "Introducing the Prince" - 9/10
    This isn't the best or most exciting track on the 'Prince of Persia: Sands of Time' soundtrack, but it's still pretty darn good to listen to.

Michael Land - "Jazzy Voodoo in the Swamp" - 10/10
    This piece of music is cooler than anything I've listened to tonight, and it's cooler than anything you've listened to tonight.
  • Hayden;471007 said:
    Anyway, the pronunciation was wrong, it's more: InnVAderrs. See the difference?
    Punctuation through gramatisation isn't worth proclimating.

• "Sunday morning" 6/10 - not a bad song, little more mellow than I like though. Also, hearing American songs on German radio is just a little weird to me.
  • "Separate Lives" The Alan Parsons Project 9/10 I liked it enough I replayed immediately after my first hearing.
  • "Howlin' For You" by The Black Keys - 8.5/10 Very catchy beat and always a pleasure to listen to.
  • Secret Fawful;469596 said:

Friday - Rebecca Black - 0/11 Because it's the cool thing to say.
    what? you already knew Saturday came after Friday then Sunday?
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Hagen Rether, "Vorzeigelinker" 9.5/10
    (Roughly translates "Exemplary left-winger")

That is such an intelligent song from one of the best German cabaret artists. Very funny. Deeply depressing.
  • Listening to Within Temptation's new album for the first time right now, and it's good so far. The symphonic sound is kind of shoved into the background, though, and that's disappointing. There's also a distinct lack of the softer songs that they do so well.
  • S&M by Rihanna
    Rihanna said:
    Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it
    Sticks and stones may break my bones
    But chains and whips excite me
    Maybe i'm a prude, but this is a poor state of affairs. There's a few smells that fly around during coitus but I doubt any of them would make there way onto a Magic Tree air freshener in someones car.

The whole chains and whips thing has to be the most tired and cliched example of sadomasichism going about, I was uttering phrases like that when I was a young warthog about to start secondary school, except thery were always in relation to someones mum of course.

Don't even start me on what the song actually sounds like the lazy uninspired production is just bland city.

This ain't Umbrella to say the least
Add Comment