User Avatar Image

International shipping time survey

posted by TelltaleTool on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users
Hey, are you a non-US/Canada customer who's ordered a physical good that had to be shipped to you? If so, we want to know about how long it took to arrive after you got the shipping notification e-mail. Vote in the poll, and if possible, follow up with what country you live in. Also, if you noticed anything odd about the package, like excessive customs paperwork or odd postmarks from different countries, post that too :)

Please, only respond with info on things you purchased from our store. We're trying to get an idea how long our product is taking to get to you.
40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 4-5 weeks. Destination Australia.

It was also during the holiday period when mail is as a rule generally slower.

The only odd this is that on the customs declaration slip on the box it had the contents listed as 'software' when it was actually a t-shirt. :)
  • I've ordered textbooks and games from overseas, and they don't often take more than two weeks to arrive. I'm in Australia.
  • ordered 21st feb
    shipped 23rd feb
    arrived March 14

this is australia.. thats 14 working days / 2 and a half weeks
  • The sketchbook took about 2 weeks to get to the Netherlands... I thought it was funny that the book by itself would fit through the letterbox, but the parcel was rather big. Still, that's a good thing, since you prevent damage that way. I can't remember how long the Sam & Max prints took to arrive, but I think it was a bit longer than 2 weeks.
  • Myzer;24308 said:
    The only odd this is that on the customs declaration slip on the box it had the contents listed as 'software' when it was actually a t-shirt. :)
    Hmm... that's interesting. I wonder if that's the same for others, because it would explain why some packages get held up at customs.

Regarding the packaging for the sketchbook, I received one last week (placed a test order while it was backordered, and forgot to cancel it before the sketchbook came back into stock!) and was surprised at the size of the package, but I think it's to protect it from damage. When the sketchbooks were first available they went out in a smaller paper mailer and someone complained about damage, so we asked DR to provide better packaging for the sketchbooks.
  • Hi, I used to order stuff from Amazon US, used to take 4-5 weeks, I usually order from Amazon UK now.

I'm in South Africa.
  • Usually the Air Mail takes 10 working days to reach Italy. Only once a package took 4 weeks, but I think it's an exception. No customs problem here. ;)
  • manicm;24352 said:
    Hi, I used to order stuff from Amazon US, used to take 4-5 weeks, I usually order from Amazon UK now.

I'm in South Africa.
    Welcome fellow country-person. We are few and far between here! ;)

Oh... if you haven't noticed, this is WAY off topic. My apologies!
  • I got my package today, after about two and a half week, and I live in Norway. :)
  • I order stuff from Japan a lot, if you use EMS ($12 or so for up to 4 DVDs) I've had stuff get here in 36 hours :)

I imagine having that as an option could greatly speed delivery, it's available at least to most of the first world
Add Comment