User Avatar Image

years after or during the incident of nublar .

posted by kasaki89 on - last edited - Viewed by 813 users
well i was just wondering cause in the trailer shows nedrys car and the lights are on.. theres no way the batt. would be working if it was years after ? so does it take place during the first movie ?
20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • kasaki89;473958 said:
    does it take place during the first movie ?
    Yes. It begins during the events of the first movie.
  • kasaki89;473958 said:
    well i was just wondering cause in the trailer shows nedrys car and the lights are on.. theres no way the batt. would be working if it was years after ? so does it take place during the first movie ?
    No, remember that in JP, all cars had Solar Panels installed on the roof, very expensive high tech at the early 90's, but John Hammond spared no expense on that. The vehicles were required to be Eco friendly (albeit those used gas) and last at least 2 days without needing of solar panel recharge or gas, whichever was used up first. So basically the Sun kept the car going, at least the lights.
  • kasaki89;473958 said:
    It takes place slightly before the time the power goes out across the park. Therefore dead batteries would not be a problem.
  • Bombillazo;473964 said:
    No, remember that in JP, all cars had Solar Panels installed on the roof, very expensive high tech at the early 90's, but John Hammond spared no expense on that. The vehicles were required to be Eco friendly (albeit those used gas) and last at least 2 days without needing of solar panel recharge or gas, whichever was used up first. So basically the Sun kept the car going, at least the lights.
    I don't recall any solar panels. I know the Explorers were electric but I don't think they made any mention of the Jeeps being eco-friendly. Was that the book?
  • In the book they had gas-powered jeeps.
  • in the book they were modified Land-Cruisers with low weight and electric power
    see HERE
  • tope1983;474132 said:
    in the book they were modified Land-Cruisers with low weight and electric power
    see HERE
    Those were in the tour ride. But staff vehicles were gas powered jeeps - painted with a diagonal red stripe, which somewhat prevented triceratops from attacking the car (this is explained in the novel, but not in the movie)

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Jeep_Wrangler_Staff_Vehicles
  • trocks;474090 said:
    I don't recall any solar panels. I know the Explorers were electric but I don't think they made any mention of the Jeeps being eco-friendly. Was that the book?
    hehe, no, im just messing around, its pretty much what u said
  • veki;474143 said:
    Those were in the tour ride. But staff vehicles were gas powered jeeps - painted with a diagonal red stripe, which somewhat prevented triceratops from attacking the car (this is explained in the novel, but not in the movie)

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Jeep_Wrangler_Staff_Vehicles
    yeah. i meant the tour vehicles of course.
    the other jeeps were gas-powered and used by the staff.

well the red stripe as explained in the novel got used in the movie but never mentioned. and as we see, it's useless when the horn honks ;)
  • I kinda feel like JP would be so outdate in tech and stuff today :P
Add Comment