User Avatar Image

25th Anniversary?

posted by RAnthonyMahan on - last edited - Viewed by 5K users
"Monkeys Violating the Heavenly Temple" was released in 1987. Next year the Freelance Police will be turning 25.

Some kind of celebration is order. Sadly, I think we already know Telltale's schedule for the next two years, and Steve is still pretty busy over at Pixar.

Something needs to be done.
79 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • While TellTale edition reprints of The Age of S&M and The Effigy Mound would be awesome for the 25th Anniversary, it seems more likely that if anything is done to commemorate it, it'll be something more along like the lines of a Special Edition Box Set. I could see something like it including all three seasons, and then another bonus DVD filled with lots of extras. Though that'd kind of suck for me then, 'cause then I'd have to buy all three seasons again for the third time, ahah...

Though honestly I'll be happy if it just gets acknowledged at all, even if it's something just as simple as Mr. Purcell draws a short new comic to celebrate. I do wanna buy more merchandise, and for more merchandise to exist for that matter, so I'm kind of hoping we may get some new items in the store for the anniversary too.
  • A new special stand-alone episode, perhaps even an adaptation of one of the original comic storylines would be pretty neat.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    thesporkman;572961 said:
    A new special stand-alone episode, perhaps even an adaptation of one of the original comic storylines would be pretty neat.
    StrongBrush1;548016 said:
    I've got the perfect place for a game of fizzball:

The Burj Al Arab Tower.
    Hah! How about Fizzball Night at the Inventory??
  • Vainamoinen;572983 said:
    Hah! How about Fizzball Night at the Inventory??
    This.
  • Oh, and check out Steve Purcell's latest blog entry to kick off the new year!

Sam and Max are looking sharp in those tuxes!
  • It would be awesome if telltale just DO SOMETHING for the anniversary, it seems that they forgot about sam & max lately
  • (from November 20th, regarding the anniversary)
    dancon;562471 said:

Can't talk about anything right now
    ...Sounds like they're up to something.
  • How about a new Sam and Max shirt? The Max Imp one is nice and all, but it doesn't exactly scream Sam and Max: Freelance Police.
  • I agree and beg of telltale to make new t-shirts.
  • No offence to the Telltale folks who put the hard work into it, but I sure hope the iOS release of season 2 wasn't the S&M news Dan was hush about.
Add Comment