876 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Jon NA;486849 said:
    Speaking of the companion cube ... since when does the companion cube talk? The companion cube was in Portal to show how GLADOS thinks a friend defines as a mute object/slave in which used as a shield facing troubles ...
    I assumed the talking was a halucination, because of all the drugs. I always thought the cube showed how people can cling to inanimate objects as friends when no real people are around.
    I don't know about you all but I feel the comic wasn't portal-esque at all ... it lacked the spirit and felt like a cheap "epic" "philosophical" story about a kind gauedian who raises the chosen one (who never gives up ... OF COURSE SHE DOESNT GIVE UP! She's a game charachter who is immortal for having the gift of saving and loading her progress!).
    The comic was not as Portal-y as Portal, but it does give some backstory which did feel natural to me. As for the never giving up thing, the end of the original she [SPOILER] prevented herself from dying in the fire like all the other test subjects, proving that she is more stubborn than the rest of them [/SPOILER]
    Also, why can't Lab Rat just cancell the whole ecperiments of GLADOS? I mean he was able to actually modify the list of test subjects ... couln't he do more than that? The writers of the comic don't say so...
    Because... because... well, you win this round.
  • I just realized my computer is not good enough to play Portal 2, and it has integrated graphics.

I has a sad.
  • divisionten;486911 said:
    I just realized my computer is not good enough to play Portal 2, and it has integrated graphics.

I has a sad.
    On can you run it? My laptop passed every thing with flying colors, BUT the integrated graphics. In fact everything with the integrated graphics is ok, its just that... inegrated graphics.
  • I also don't have a good enough video card.
  • divisionten;486933 said:
    I also don't have a good enough video card.
    Im curious how I failed?
    There are specific tests for the graphics cards themselves, and it passed every single one. How did I fail?
    Either way remember there are plenty of options, and a few launch codes to help too if you have problems?
  • In about 10 minutes this game is mine...

EDIT: Make that 1 minute. The last two game computations just completed and bumped up the time.
  • I went in on the preorder and have been downloading it for a bit now. Will probably have to sleep on it til it downloads.
  • Been playing for a while now. Loving it so far! I believe I'm on Chapter 3. Also, the interactive teaser for Super 8 was interesting.
Add Comment