User Avatar Image

Portal 2 BttF reference easter egg

posted by Spykes on - last edited - Viewed by 4.1K users
Pretty cool little nod to the Flux Capacitor in Portal 2.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hah! Never noticed that! It's clearly a reference!
  • ESPECIALLY the 'ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE' line. Reminds me of Doc's 'You can Accomplish Anything if you Put your Mind to it...."
  • Dang it, I really want Portal 2...why did I have to buy both Tron movies, three volumes of Futurama, and Mario 64 DS? :(
  • Shadowknight1;488043 said:
    Why did I have to buy both Tron movies, three volumes of Futurama, and Mario 64 DS? :(
    Because you clearly have amazing taste in media. All those purchases are completely understandable.

On topic, when I arrived at that part in Portal 2, I knew it looked familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I'm glad you brought it up because it's been bothering me for a while.
  • Clearly a potato is capable of generating the 1.21 gigawatts necessary to power the time circuits. Of course, that would probably have made the first movie really short.
  • Martin McFly;488079 said:
    Because you clearly have amazing taste in media. All those purchases are completely understandable.

On topic, when I arrived at that part in Portal 2, I knew it looked familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I'm glad you brought it up because it's been bothering me for a while.
    Yes, but I completely forgot about Portal 2...man...good thing GlaDOS isn't real, or I'd be in trouble. :p
  • Shadowknight1;488087 said:
    ...man...good thing GlaDOS isn't real, or I'd be in trouble. :p

There was going to be a party for you, a big party, that all your friends were invited to. I even invited your best friend, Companion Cube, but he couldn't come because you didn't buy Portal 2. It's a shame. I even made you a cake. I guess it will have to be thrown away.

Despite the fact that you chose not to purchase Portal 2, I'm not even mad. I think we can put our differences behind us...for science.

You monster.
  • By the way, I put forth that that device be hear-by referred to as the Aperture Science Weighted Flux Dispersal Device.
  • Weird Science as well seems to be referenced.

Seems like the Portal 2 guys made sure to play BTTF The game well before it actually released.

No wonder they have a portal-2 flux catheder.
Add Comment