User Avatar Image

Everything You Need to Know About the JP Delay

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 7.2K users
Since the release discussion threads have gotten long and difficult to slog through, here is everything you need to know:

Q: Why is JP being delayed?
A: We'll be honest, even the mods don't know that stuff. What we DO know is that this decision was made with the utmost desire to please the fans, hoping to release it better than before.

Q: When's the release?
A: Fall '11

Q: Console release?
A: Also, Fall '11. Release is simultaneous. Note that the original console release was intended to be Fall '11, so the console release will see no change in timeframe.

Q: I don't want a refund. I just want the game.
A: It's difficult to do this case by case. Everyone gets a refund.

Q: How do I get my refund/free game coupon?
A: Keep an eye on your email. (Check your spambox, too)

Q: Is it one or the other?
A: No. You get a FULL REFUND for JP AND a voucher good for any full Telltale season or a single game- your choice on what to use the voucher on.

Q: What can I use the free game coupon on?
A: Any full TT game, current or FUTURE. Yes, THIS INCLUDES JP, FABLES, OR ANY OTHER NOT-YET-RELEASED TITLE. The free game coupon does not expire. Anyone who preordered JP can use the coupon to get it free of charge.

Q: Long story short- I preordered JP. I get my $30 returned AND a voucher. I can then turn around and use that voucher to buy JP- so I can get JP for free?
A: So long as you use the voucher for JP, yes.

Q: Insider Forum?
A: Will remain open.

Q: New preorders?
A: TT will let you know when preorders will start again.

Please feel free to ask any other questions here.
207 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • magamer1;493760 said:
    Im not sure how they can afford this, it sounds great right now, but something must have gone seriously south of the hell border for them to be willing to give up all the money and give out free games.
    Its basically a big 'sorry for making you wait half a year longer' to those of us who have already pre-ordered the thing. Its a pricey PR move, but a good one. I got the whole season of Tales of Monkey Island for 5 dollars a while back on here during 'Talk Like a Pirate Day' so Tellltale is very cool with promotions and customer apologies. Besides now its going to get the polish it deserves, even though I like Back to the Future The Game it definitely has an unpolished feel which is something that would really cripple JP the game with its action bits.

Kinda want to use the voucher for Puzzle Agent 2 but feel that would be such a waste, so now got to figure out what season game I don't have yet that I want enough to use it on.

This is such a great move on Telltale's part and I really do get a kick out of some of the ungrateful comments of others on here.
  • Alan Johnson;493746 said:
    You'll be able to use your free game voucher on any full season game, including Jurassic Park when we make it available for purchase again. The voucher will not expire.
    Does "full season game" means all Hector's episodes (1,2 & 3)?
    Or just the first episode?
  • So, how does this refund work, exactly? I use Paypal here.
  • so my preorder is still good or do i have to preorder it again
  • The Original Post states that "Everyone gets a refund" and to "Keep an eye on [our] email" for more information regarding the vouchers.

My question though, is how are situations handled for people who purchased Jurassic Park from another Digital Distributor and not directly from Telltale? For instance, will I need to contact Direct2Drive support myself and provide some sort of proof of this policy, or will Telltale be contacting each distributors and letting them know?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • Peacemaker613;493843 said:
    so my preorder is still good or do i have to preorder it again
    You'll have to re-purchase Jurassic Park: the Game (although, now you have the option of getting it for free with the use of the "coupon").
  • Rienen;493844 said:
    The Original Post states that "Everyone gets a refund" and to "Keep an eye on [our] email" for more information regarding the vouchers.

My question though, is how are situations handled for people who purchased Jurassic Park from another Digital Distributor and not directly from Telltale? For instance, will I need to contact Direct2Drive support myself and provide some sort of proof of this policy, or will Telltale be contacting each distributors and letting them know?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    We're working with our distribution partners on a solution for this. No exact details yet but you will also be receiving a voucher for free game from us. Details forthcoming.
  • REDSLATE;493847 said:
    You'll have to re-purchase Jurassic Park: the Game (although, now you have the option of getting it for free with the use of the "coupon").
    i didnt use my refund tho
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Peacemaker613;493851 said:
    i didnt use my refund tho
    Everyone gets a refund (and a free game voucher) automatically, so you'll need to re-order when the game is available in the store again.
  • Alan Johnson;493849 said:
    We're working with our distribution partners on a solution for this. No exact details yet but you will also be receiving a voucher for free game from us. Details forthcoming.
    Thank you for your prompt response.
Add Comment