User Avatar Image

Poirot Revival Thread

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users
I herd rumors about Poirot being canceled before the last 6 books could be adapted so I emailed ITV asking and got this reply.
ITV said:
Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for your email regarding ‘Poirot’. We have a new film yet to be broadcast The Clocks which was produced last year and ITV is in active discussions about doing more. Scripts are currently being developed but we are not currently in a position to announce new commissions. We are delighted with how well both Poirot and Marple are received by the ITV1 audience. I do hope you will continue to watch and enjoy many of our programmes.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV Viewer Services. If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards
Julia
ITV VIEWER

She didn't answer my question but she didn't say yes its axed and saying developing on new scripts seems like a good sign!
82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • dumpling321;506551 said:
    there were 3-4 other poirots who did movies before Suchet took the role of Poirot, so they HAVE seen other depictions...

I think you mean that they "should have" seen them. Just like the people who think Jeremy Brett is the best Sherlock Holmes should have seen Basil Rathbone, Ronald Howard, Robert Stephens and Peter Cushing, and heard Clive Merrison, but probably haven't.
  • FitzoliverJ;506569 said:
    I think you mean that they "should have" seen them. Just like the people who think Jeremy Brett is the best Sherlock Holmes should have seen Basil Rathbone, Ronald Howard, Robert Stephens and Peter Cushing, and heard Clive Merrison, but probably haven't.
    I believe that most Poirot fans have probibly seen Peter Ustinov at one time or another, he was a pretty popular Poirot for awile...
  • In the Tomb of Sammun-Mak Sameth said "Holy Hercule Poirot in a blood-soaked bathtub with a full set of dental records and a mud-caked workboot with two missing treads!"
  • Old news now but now thres 7 episodes to make. (one of them become Dumb Witness)
  • This has nothing to do with Halo or any other game I like. Close this thread or il report it.
  • Saint Hakushin;509302 said:
    This has nothing to do with Halo or any other game I like. Close this thread or il report it.

What the hell are you talking about:confused:
  • coolsome;509358 said:
    What the hell are you talking about:confused:
    He's talking about this being a games forum and that Poirot is not a game so clearly this discussion is moot.

Unless...

QUICK! SOMEONE OPEN AGS AND MAKE CURTAIN SO THIS DOESNT GET CLOSED
  • Ribs;509359 said:
    He's talking about this being a games forum and that Poirot is not a game so clearly this discussion is moot.

Poirot is a game though! Theres a PC one a Wii one and DS.
    Ribs;509359 said:

QUICK! SOMEONE OPEN AGS AND MAKE CURTAIN SO THIS DOESNT GET CLOSED

Why did you say that word in a Poirot thread now its doomed! Its like the Scottish play.
  • coolsome;509360 said:
    Poirot is a game though! Theres a PC one a Wii one and DS.

Why did you say that word in a Poirot thread now its doomed! Its like the Scottish play.
    Would you be talking about that shakespere play... MACBETH!!!!
Add Comment