User Avatar Image

Poirot Revival Thread

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users
I herd rumors about Poirot being canceled before the last 6 books could be adapted so I emailed ITV asking and got this reply.
ITV said:
Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for your email regarding ‘Poirot’. We have a new film yet to be broadcast The Clocks which was produced last year and ITV is in active discussions about doing more. Scripts are currently being developed but we are not currently in a position to announce new commissions. We are delighted with how well both Poirot and Marple are received by the ITV1 audience. I do hope you will continue to watch and enjoy many of our programmes.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV Viewer Services. If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards
Julia
ITV VIEWER

She didn't answer my question but she didn't say yes its axed and saying developing on new scripts seems like a good sign!
82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As someone who's always been interested in Christie-mysteries, I recorded and watched 'Three Act Tragedy'. It was incredibly depressing and dear lord I want more.
  • coolsome;508557 said:
    Old news now but now thres 7 episodes to make. (one of them become Dumb Witness)
    They already done Dumb Witness.
  • daro2096;522113 said:
    They already done Dumb Witness.

Yh thats why I didn't say 8 I only counted one of the lost storys.
  • Suchet WILL complete the canon....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15726320

... well, except for all the stories that are specific variants of other stories...
  • and he's joined Twitter, now, too! @David_Suchet

The thought of Poirot typing tweets makes me smile.
  • I am so happy right now!! And I tweeted David Suchet telling him he has made me a life long fan of the series.
  • Découvrir la solution n'est pas toujours très simple. Mes petites cellules grises devez connecter les preuves, Il doit y avoir motif, la raison, et il doit y avoir un avantage. N'avez-vous pas d'accord, Hastings?

Fifty bucks to the first guy who can translate this without using Dictionary.com!

While i'm here, who thinks that Telltale should do a game based on Agatha Christie's Poirot?
  • Great news guys!
    David Suchet twitter said:

First stop tomorrow-Israel for the first leg of the St.Paul documentary. I'll keep in touch. And good news! Capt. Hastings WILL be back!

I say! the final series sounds awesome.
Add Comment