User Avatar Image

' It's my birthday today! ' Thread

posted by uregobland on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users
Who's birthday is it today? Congratulations!

:)
49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • WarpSpeed;519582 said:
    Or, this is just reverse psychology to make sure we all count the days to October 14 now!
    ...maybe. I expect lots of birthday gifs.

See what I did there?
  • 25 today, woohoo! Lower insurance rates and the ability to rent a car!

... Yeah, milestone birthdays get less and less exciting.
  • Happy birthday ShaggE! :-)
  • It's past midnight and July 2 here now, so I figured I should post here and see how many people (don't) care.
  • Happy birthin' day!
  • I want YOU to have a happy birthday.
  • Alcoremortis;519308 said:
    I maintain that birthdays are a lie. You only get born once after all. What we really celebrate is the anniversary of our date of birth which is far too wordy for most people.
    Which is why so many languages use a different word. Off the top of my head, anniversaire (anniversary) in French or cumpleaños (completed years?) in Spanish.
    This being said, you wouldn't have to say "anniversary of one's date of birth". You can say "birthday anniversary". I fail to see why it would be so much longer and impractical than saying "wedding anniversary" for instance.

EDIT: for that matter, you don't say "wedding day anniversary" so I guess "birth anniversary" would work fine. If it's still too long, try "birthiversary" :P
  • Avistew;522977 said:
    Which is why so many languages use a different word. Off the top of my head, anniversaire (anniversary) in French or cumpleaños (completed years?) in Spanish.
    This being said, you wouldn't have to say "anniversary of one's date of birth". You can say "birthday anniversary". I fail to see why it would be so much longer and impractical than saying "wedding anniversary" for instance.

EDIT: for that matter, you don't say "wedding day anniversary" so I guess "birth anniversary" would work fine. If it's still too long, try "birthiversary" :P
    I think I'm going to start wishing people a Happy Birthiversary. I think it will catch on quickly!
  • User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED
    Happy birthday day to me!
    *sob*
Add Comment