User Avatar Image

Phoenix Wright: The Movie?!

posted by RAnthonyMahan on - last edited - Viewed by 342 users
Not sure how many people here are fans of Capcom's Ace Attorney series, but if you enjoy adventure games (well, I guess it'd be more accurate to say it's adventure-like), and with you being on Telltale's forums I'm guessing you do, I suggest you check them out. :p

Anyway, it's getting a live-action movie. Only in Japan, of course, but still cool.

It's too bad Capcom won't localize the newest game. :(
14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As always, we at Capcom will continue to pursue our “Single content multiple usage” strategy by making advancements on new hardware to maximize sales while leveraging our brands to bring maximum satisfaction to as many of our users as possible.
    Hmm.
  • I'm actually surprised it didn't happen earlier. I think I would have preferred something like a serial anime that would have preserved the game's art style and gradual character development, but I'd believe that they can preserve the key plot and character points of the first game in a live-action movie pretty smoothly
  • It's Japanese. (says alot about it actually)
  • I have faith that Takeshi Miike can pull this off, but I'm not sure why. Out of all the adaptions he could have done, this one is probably the easiest.
  • RAnthonyMahan;507841 said:
    It's too bad Capcom won't localize the newest game. :(
    Yeah, not to mention the Layton/Ace Attorney crossover.

Let's petition for Telltale to make a crossover between Puzzle Agent and Sam and Max, and not make a Japanese translation.
  • tredlow;508956 said:
    Yeah, not to mention the Layton/Ace Attorney crossover.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think they ever said that wasn't coming over. At least they better not have said that because there will be hell to pay.
  • Awesome. Can't wait to see it :D
  • DrRocketGenius;508981 said:
    I could be wrong, but I don't think they ever said that wasn't coming over. At least they better not have said that because there will be hell to pay.
    Actually, I think the same could be said about the second Edgeworth game. I don't think they ever said that it wouldn't be done, it's just that there are no plans for it.
  • DrRocketGenius;508981 said:
    IIRC Capcom said that decision is Level-5's (the Layton makers). Which offers some hope, since they've brought over every Layton game so far (Spectre's Flute dub is forthcoming; they've already decided on and trademarked the english title).
  • Harald B;509247 said:
    IIRC Capcom said that decision is Level-5's (the Layton makers). Which offers some hope, since they've brought over every Layton game so far (Spectre's Flute dub is forthcoming; they've already decided on and trademarked the english title).
    Yeah, but Capcom has brought over every Ace Attorney game so far, until the latest one, that is.
Add Comment