User Avatar Image

Lets Play: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis - Message from Dr Grant

posted by Faceslasher on - last edited - Viewed by 7.5K users
Ahhh the good old days. Watching stuff about Dinosaurs while playing JP:OG. Those were the days. Now lets experience them again.

A little brief info on JP:OG:
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (known colloquially as JP:OG or JPOG) is a construction and management simulation video game for the PC, Xbox, and PlayStation 2 based on the novel and film series Jurassic Park. The main point of the game is to recreate Jurassic Park - building a 5 star theme park with dinosaurs, and turning John Hammond's dream into reality. In the park, the player builds paths, amenities for visitors such as, food and restrooms, as well as enclosures and attractions. One must also keep the park safe and secure. The park can be populated with up to sixty dinosaurs, with twenty-five different species available. The player can also add attractions similar to those seen in the film, such as the safari seen in the Jurassic Park film, and additional attractions like a balloon tour and several varieties of viewing platform.
And now... Lets begin.

Part 1: The birth of a Park (In OP)

THE BIG BANG. Well, in a hand most likely.

"Stay fence.. STAY. Dont ever walk away again!" Also double hand all the way!

Awww, a little Triceratops :3: Wait what? Look out Triceratops! A hand is coming to eat you!

Ok we reached the menu. Ofcourse were gonna start with Operation Genesis.

A nice small little island. Perfect for a park filled with dinosaurs.

Perfect spot to lay down some paths. Lets commence.

Shitty job at writing FP on the ground. Oh well...

2 Burger stands, 1 restroom, and... a visitor center. Perfect beginning of a park eh?

Small pen for a small dinosaur. Wonderful.

Hatchery and a dispenser.

Our little Dinosaur! What should we name him?

I decided the dinosaurs name will be Grant.

Anyways lets continue our park.

Moved the Visitor Center so i can upgrade Grant's cage.

Made some more room.

Nice little pond. Perfect for a Herbivore.

The parks first attraction. Yay.

Security for something big im planning. Its gonna be coming soon.

200 dollars isn't so bad. Ill be giving out monthly discounts. But my money is running short.

And we are... OPEN.

Little Grant likes the water doesn't he?

Another pen for a small Herbivore.

The guests have arrived!

Were all set.

The birth of a Herbivore.

More money. Were running low on funds.

Here we go. Grants brother... in a different pen.

Loadsa cleaners. Ok guys were running out of money for our park. What should i do to get back to atleast 10 thousand?
23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So what your doing a JPOG lets play on youtube? I don't understand.
    Oh now I think I understand.
  • i love this game, the ''constant.ini'' editing is more addictive than the game itself.
  • I understand, this "Text Commentary" is haliarious.
  • Faceslasher;514132 said:

Loadsa cleaners. Ok guys were running out of money for our park. What should i do to get back to atleast 10 thousand?
    ....you should prostitute those Hawt Leathery Dinos.
  • Oh Operation Genesis...:)

BTW, was I the only one who did not build Hatcheries in every dino enclosure? I have always built one Hatchery far from the Park then I sedated the newly bred dinos and transported them to their new cozy homes with the helicopter.
  • MasCot;514286 said:
    Oh Operation Genesis...:)

BTW, was I the only one who did not build Hatcheries in every dino enclosure? I have always built one Hatchery far from the Park then I sedated the newly bred dinos and transported them to their new cozy homes with the helicopter.
    i used to build hatcheries in each enclosure at first but now I just build one and then move them later.

Actually, all my parks end up looking the same. I build 4 entrences. One on each 4 side of the island, then build the paths in a cross pattern so that they meet in the center of the island and just build the pens around that. I find its better that way case for some reason the AI doesn't like taking turns on the ps2 version. lol They seldom make turns at all the normally just go back the way they came.
  • Start naming dinosaurs after TellTale forum members and have them fight to the death in an all-out battle royale.

You can now see why my parks in OG failed.

Keep up the updates. I love the screenshots paired with the text commentary.
  • So far guys. How do you like the LP?

Lets continue:

Awww Grant has a little brother

Desperate times calls for desperate measures. Raising the prices.

Commencing a Fossil Hunt

Oh SHIT!

Bumping the prices.

OH CRAP! Were gonna be SHUT DOWN!
  • The suspense! You mustn't leave us with that grim screenshot. You can turn the park around. I believe in you.
Add Comment