Telltale Autumn Sale

Digits IN SPACE! (Puzzle Agent 2)

I'm stumped on this puzzle.

Can you figure out the next two digits in the sequence?

31 41 59 26 ??

Hint 1: The Solution cannot be derived from the numbers.
Hint 2: The Sequence refers to a mathematical constant.
Hint 3: Try to imagine a decimal point after the 3.

I have absolutely no idea how to figure this one out and I need help!

Comments

  • edited June 2011
    Hint
    do you like pie?

    Answer if my hint was not clear
    53
  • edited June 2011
    An additional hint: I imagine many people who understand what the sequence represents
    would still have to look up the answer somewhere
    .
  • edited June 2011
    I thought it was funny that Telltale
    expects people to know the digits to pi beyond the first couple. I did, but I also for some reason memorized it to 100 places at one point in school.
  • edited June 2011
    My calculator doesn't give enough digits! I had to guess the correct rounding as well.
  • edited July 2011
    There is a couple of puzzles that requires a knowledge of maths. Annoying. I knew it was pi but still had to look up the solution. Didn't help that there was only one question mark, I thought it just wanted the next number not two?

    For next update this puzzle should have two question marks making plain that the answer requires a two digit answer.
  • edited July 2011
    I think they should have asked for all the next digits. This was just half-assed.
  • edited July 2011
    daro2096 wrote: »
    There is a couple of puzzles that requires a knowledge of maths. Annoying. I knew it was pi but still had to look up the solution. Didn't help that there was only one question mark, I thought it just wanted the next number not two?

    For next update this puzzle should have two question marks making plain that the answer requires a two digit answer.

    The rules stated the answer was a two digit number (and all the numbers before it were two-digit).


    This puzzle got me HARD. I should have realized what it was. I was feeling so smart after figuring out the other puzzle in Korka's house.
    Soultaker wrote: »
    I think they should have asked for all the next digits. This was just half-assed.
    Lol
  • edited July 2011
    Having memorised the first
    10 digits of pi
    back in high school, it was really obvious to me. Of course, I had to consider whether the puzzle would round the numbers or not...
  • edited July 2011
    chalon wrote: »
    I also for some reason memorized it to 100 places at one point in school.

    christ almighty.
    Going to assume this is exaggeration, but that's still pretty incredible
  • edited January 2012
    After the dot hint it became apparent. Then it was crtl+alt and googling pi.

    Can't say I would have figured it out without that one though... so many math puzzles. I failed hard on pretty much all of them...
  • edited January 2012
    Molokov wrote: »
    Having memorised the first
    10 digits of pi
    back in high school, it was really obvious to me. Of course, I had to consider whether the puzzle would round the numbers or not...

    Lolz. You're right about it! Usually, students would say that their math lessons are unnecessary in our daily lives. But, here it is, that day where we need to memorize the
    10digits of pi
    came in handy.
  • edited August 2012
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Hint
    do you like pie?

    Answer if my hint was not clear
    53

    Uuuuh, thank you SO MUCH!

    I never would have got this in a million years.

    One of the hints was something like "imagine there is a decimal point after the 3" so I was thinking "ok so it's 3.1 4.1 5.9 2.6 and then..... OH FFS". I'm worse than I thought at following instructions :rolleyes:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.