User Avatar Image

Ending Discussion (SPOILERS)

posted by josephmatt on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users
For those who've beaten the game...

What happened to the other missing people? Astronauts get them? Gone crazy by the lunacy ray?

Also, Puzzle Agent 3 in Bermuda? Any get a picture of that postcard so we can see if there is anything weird about it?
44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Got to admit I was very disappointed with the ending and PA2 in general. Like others said it was just all over the place and unlike the first one the ending wasn't interesting at all. At least the first one had something happen, this one you just look at a post card and you're done.
  • josephmatt;523517 said:
    exactly what i was thinking :D

would be awesome to see another classic grickle creation in a possible next installement!!!!!
  • puzzlebox;523187 said:
    Wow, really? How did you do that? I've completed everything except the King's Challenge, and it's still just Nelson and his oven mitt.

My first thought when I saw that figure in the bushes was that it was one of the Silents from Doctor Who. :p
    After you have completed the game, if you play Lunar Run for 3 times, the character gets switched.

First it's just Nelson, then the skeleton, then some weird caveman and lastly a cow.. then it loops.
  • puzzlebox;523118 said:
    :)

Actually, I think he looks more like him... which would explain quite a LOT.
  • Now the skeleton is weird, but what gets me wondering is the capitol building (I assume) in the back there. Doesn't seem like Nelson and the Davners are too far away from each other.

Also, this has been bugging me like crazy. What's with Glori in this game? First game she claims that "the Hidden People need Isaac" (and how proud she was of him), to the point where she tries to murder Nelson to keep him from interfering. Puzzle Agent 2 comes along and Glori scoffs at Nelson for believing in the Hidden People, and believes the Brotherhood was just doing something that would help Isaac get over his "troubles" or whatever it was.

Eh? Did I miss something?
  • Nope.
    Or yes, we all miss something. It's clear that the devs changed their original idea. Also the photo of the brotherwood, looking all happy and suggesting they have some history together, makes little sense with the explanations she gives later in this game.

All the story in general feels untidy and a bit rushed.
  • Nagaoka;524503 said:
    Now the skeleton is weird, but what gets me wondering is the capitol building (I assume) in the back there. Doesn't seem like Nelson and the Davners are too far away from each other.

Also, this has been bugging me like crazy. What's with Glori in this game? First game she claims that "the Hidden People need Isaac" (and how proud she was of him), to the point where she tries to murder Nelson to keep him from interfering. Puzzle Agent 2 comes along and Glori scoffs at Nelson for believing in the Hidden People, and believes the Brotherhood was just doing something that would help Isaac get over his "troubles" or whatever it was.

Eh? Did I miss something?
    I think the building is really just a type of colonial-style architecture found throughout the west.
  • Ignatius;524554 said:
    Nope.
    Or yes, we all miss something. It's clear that the devs changed their original idea. Also the photo of the brotherwood, looking all happy and suggesting they have some history together, makes little sense with the explanations she gives later in this game.

All the story in general feels untidy and a bit rushed.
    Yeah I remember thinking about the photo as well. I think it would have been less jarring if the discrepancy had at least been acknowledged. Nelson brings up the inconsistency and Glori doesn't remember a thing about trying to kill him. Hey maybe that was all in Nelson's head too?

Otherwise we get Nelson just taking at face value Glori's explanation that she took a chainsaw to the lake to try and drown him because she didn't want him interfering with her husband's therapy session. Oooookay.
    DAISHI;524561 said:
    I think the building is really just a type of colonial-style architecture found throughout the west.
    Since you mention colonial architecture I'm guessing you mean the colonies in the U.S? The colonies were all along the east coast, so historical american colonial/Georgian-style buildings are mainly located there (live in Virginia, PLENTY of field trips involving Williamsburg, Monticello, Mt Vernon, etc. as a kid). The neoclassical all-white domed building is the iconic look for the Capitol though (and the architecture around DC is also mainly neoclassical) and Bermuda seems to have its own rather distinctive architecture.

If you're talking about something completely different, then I apologize XD.

Though looking through google for domed buildings there is ANOTHER capitol building it could be. The Minnesota State Capitol.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_State_Capitol
Add Comment