User Avatar Image

My Jurassic Park Project: A Fan Made ReMake of the Jurassic Park Film

posted by waroftheworlds01 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.8K users
I started this a month ago but I didn't post because I wasn't sure how far I would get. But now that I'm sure I will be able to go through with this project I'm confident enough to start a thread about it.

But before I get into it let me say that I’m posting this here in the Jurassic park forums because I feel there are more here who would appreciate what I’m trying to do here. But if a moderator feels that this is better suited in the General Chat area then feel free to move it there.

Okay, So I’m remaking Jurassic Park…. I know!!!! Cool right? But I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that many fans have remade Jurassic Park on Youtube.com before. What makes your movie different? I’ll tell you.

1. This is a scene for scene remake. So it will be as long as the actual film. Around two hours.

2. Unlike other fan made films, this will be taken seriously. So no joking around or making it a parody. This is to be a real fan made remake.

3. Getting away from the comedy, I will be making all dinosaurs full size. I will not be using toys or models (with the exception of the really big ones of course)

To give you an idea of how I’m making the dinosaurs, here is a video I posted on Youtube.com of the dinosaur I’m working on now which is the Dilo (spitter) that killed Nedry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtZ73Qjuxko

I will also be making full size T-Rex upper body out of paper mache as well as full size raptors. I will also be trying to get the most realistic locations possible to film this. I will be filming in the woods, I will be building my own sets, I will do what ever I can to come as close to the original film.

Of course, in the end it will still be a funny low budget remake of Jurassic Park. But it will be fun and I can’t wait to see the response it gets.

Questions or thoughts? Want to get involved in some way? Let me know what you all think. :)
67 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I love your enthusiasm. And your words are truely inspiring. It's going to be a lot of fun making this and I appreciate and continue to ask for your support.... thank you.
  • sounds awesome!
    but cardboard? Doubtful bro...but keep it up!
  • It does sound doubtfull. I'll give you that. But I'm already almost done with the Dilophosaurus and it looks amazing so far. I'll keep everyone updated the further I get. But don't worry, I'll keep at it :)
  • Cozur;523701 said:
    This is never going to be finished.
    Stop wasting your time.
    At least he's doing something creative with his time, which is better than trolling people's posts.
  • Seems like a very ambitious project. If you somehow pull it off, I'd be more than happy to view it and offer my support.
  • I respect your dedication to this project and wish you all the luck in the world and i will most definately be viewing this.

(do not pay too much attention to Cozur. Cozur is merely trying to contravene as they do with most anybody. You have my full support.)
  • Thanks for the support guys! :)

I just got off of work and I'm off tomorrow with nothing to do so I'm going to have the cast of the whole Dilophosaurus done by tomorrow night. And The painting should be done by next week so Yall should see a new video in about three or four weeks.

Edit: Here's an update picture

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit: And another. This is the neck. It's split into sections so that it'll be able to move and look around. The whole thing will be covered in a black cloth that should blend in with the rest of the dinosaurs dark body. This is a night scene so lighting should work its magic at hiding some of the inperfections.

• Finished the basic shape of the face today. I'm going to add the crests on the top of the head later after I've applied paper mache to it. I also still need to add teeth but that will also be done after the first paper mache layer. I'm doing the tail tomorrow and the arms.

• Looking very nice so far i cannot wait to see the final product good job.
  • Thanks RaptorsRwk :)
    I'm still a few weeks away till I can start filming but I can't wait. Here's one of the arms that I worked on today. :)

Add Comment