User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 72.1K users
Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.
5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Even with that sale they're still pretty pricey.

I think I've been spoiled by the amazing £5 games 2 years after release.
    Darth Marsden;538763 said:
    I know. Read my spoiler'd bit earlier to hear me rant about it.
    Yeah, I had the window open a while before I posted, so I never saw the spoilered update since I hadn't refreshed. xD
  • Today's Daily Deal is Delve Deeper. £1.99, or $2.49. Another 50 pennies and you can get it with its DLC.

It's an indie game. Need I say more?
  • Darth Marsden;539358 said:
    Today's Daily Deal is Delve Deeper £199., or $2.49. Another 50 pennies and you can get it with its DLC.
    talk about overpriced for people in the UK. Okay yeah. you forgot something.

I have it from a pack and never got into it really. So I also never tested the DLC I got as a free price in the Summer Camp.
  • der_ketzer;539359 said:
    talk about overpriced for people in the UK. Okay yeah. you forgot something.
    Oops. Fixed.
  • Today's deal is a pretty good one. The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena for £5 or $6.66.

I already own the game, otherwise I'd probably snap it up. It's been cheaper (during the Summer Sales, I believe), but it's still a bargain, considering it's actually two games - a remade Escape from Butcher Bay was included, remember?
  • Darth Marsden;539553 said:
    Today's deal is a pretty good one. The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena for £5 or $6.66.

I already own the game, otherwise I'd probably snap it up. It's been cheaper (during the Summer Sales, I believe), but it's still a bargain, considering it's actually two games - a remade Escape from Butcher Bay was included, remember?
    Is it good?
  • Yeah, it's pretty good. Haven't played the Dark Athena section yet, but the Butcher Bay remake is pretty impressive.
  • Today's Daily Deal is Velvet Assassin, which is £2.49 or $4.99 (which I think is the first time the UK price has been cheaper than the US one)

At that price, it's not a bad deal at all. So much so that I'm getting it. Sure it's got a Metacritic score of 61, but I've spent more on worse.
  • Today's deal is "Hamilton's Great Adventure"
    a puzzle game

WTF is Hamilton's Great Adventure

Price: 4.99€ / 3.99 £ / 4.99$
  • Gah! Beaten to it! That'll teach me to spend too much time playing Borderlands.

EDIT: Ah, but you didn't mention that it won't run on WinXP! The game requires Vista or Windows 7 to run. For some reason.
Add Comment