User Avatar Image

New Jurassic Park Poster by Mondo!!!

posted by RexMaster on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users
http://io9.com/5836597/gorgeous-mondo-jurassic-park-poster-spared-no-expense

Did anybody else see this? This was released at the Mondo Mystery Movie #2 in Texas the other day with only 220 made and a variant that only has 75 made. I thought it is an amazing poster that could work to represent the movie or even a reboot of it. I love how it looks like an old 60s movie poster. I managed to get one of the 220 made and it looks even more amazing than in this picture because the colors are way more varied and detailed. I really love it and it came with the artist's signature, and a mosquito-in-amber pin thing shown below. I thought it was an amazing poster and I cant wait for the second one in the series. It is releasing alongside the BluRay Jurassic Park in October on the same day... Enjoy!!!

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I. NEED. That.

The Brach one is soooo much better than the first and I've looked at it several times, but this time if the first I've seen the rex in the left bottom corner and the people running in the right bottom corner. That just makes it THAT much better. I need it.
  • _Veritas_;552505 said:
    I. NEED. That.

The Brach one is soooo much better than the first and I've looked at it several times, but this time if the first I've seen the rex in the left bottom corner and the people running in the right bottom corner. That just makes it THAT much better. I need it.
    Did you notice the small dinosaur (raptor? or dilo?) in the trees just behind the Jeep too? Just caught that myself just now.
  • jurassiraptor;552652 said:
    Did you notice the small dinosaur (raptor? or dilo?) in the trees just behind the Jeep too? Just caught that myself just now.
    yuup :D
  • Phew! I was finally able to find one of the JC Richard prints for myself. Ending up paying more than I should have, but what the hey, it looks awesome and is a cool collectors' piece. :)
  • _Veritas_;552505 said:
    That just makes it THAT much better.
    i couldn't feel any more differently. i think the addition the t-rex chasing the jeep is awful. i know it's a classic scene from the film, but the whole vibe of the poster is one of wonder, not of terror. "jurassic park" was never intended to be a monster movie and this poster otherwise captures that spirit beautifully.
  • Have you seen how much these are going for on ebay? dear god
  • waroftheworlds01;554012 said:
    Have you seen how much these are going for on ebay? dear god
    yes yes they really cost too much. so i will try to obtain a scan in high resolution and than print it
  • as of this morning, i counted 70 sold on ebay. assuming the ones bought on ebay are not being sold again on ebay, that means nearly 1/5 of the original print run has ended up on ebay.
  • Does anyone know where i can find one of the amber mosquito pins from this release?? I bought the poster and want to add the pin!!
  • I like them both but the first one threw me off wen i saw the eudimorphodons flying around lol Last i checked Jurassic Park don't clone them :-P
Add Comment