User Avatar Image

Epic Fail

posted by Profanity BANNED on - last edited - Viewed by 605 users
Epic fail!

Gah, it infuriates me when someone uses this term. It's waaaaaaaaay too overused and is horribly stupid. The simple "FAIL!" is around the same level, for me.

It wasn't THAT bad when it was only used on the internet occasionally, but now it's often used both on the internet and in the real world. I die a little bit inside when I hear one of my mates say that, or just random people on the street... horrible.

Anyway, any terms that you feel are overused and annoy the living shit out of you?
20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Random.

I hate it when people use it incorrectly. Most of the time, they mean arbitrary.
  • 'Random'

I gave off about this before. Short version is that it makes my toes curl and my blood pressure rise.

Edit: JINX!
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    epic fail
  • Disgusting.

As in 'I think that's disgusting' when they actually mean one of a multitude of other things. No, a tax rise is not disgusting, it's annoying. No, someone swearing at you is not disgusting, it's rude. And no, me not being particularly friendly to you on the till when the queue is 5 meters long is not disgusting, it's just me despising everything in the universe and actually showing great restraint in not telling you all to fuck off.
  • Profanity;550832 said:

Anyway, any terms that you feel are overused and annoy the living shit out of you?
    I hate it when people say "lol jk".

lol jk its fine.

Actually, I hate it when they misuse "literally."
  • I just hate it in general when people say "lol".

It's like the laziest way ever to say that something is mildly amusing.
  • Alcoremortis;551062 said:
    I just hate it in general when people say "lol".

It's like the laziest way ever to say that something is mildly amusing.
    Couldn't agree more. One of my friends has actually started using 'lolololol'. I wouldn't mind as much if she only did it once in a while; instead, she starts off every text message with it, even if nothing funny was said in the first place.

I'm also starting to get agitated with 'legit'; some people are using it far too often.
  • tredlow;551050 said:
    Actually, I hate it when they misuse "literally."
    Ah, you and me both. I don't encounter it much, thankfully.
  • Martin McFly;551072 said:
    Couldn't agree more. One of my friends has actually started using 'lolololol'. I wouldn't mind as much if she only did it once in a while; instead, she starts off every text message with it, even if nothing funny was said in the first place.

I'm also starting to get agitated with 'legit'; some people are using it far too often.
    "lol" only gets funny when my brother says it in real life conversations in a complete deadpan. Which is how I imagine everyone on the internet uses it, yet wants to be taken seriously.
Add Comment