User Avatar Image

[JP] Steam Resolution Setting File

posted by Dabruuzer on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users
I tried to set the resolution (up) to my usual 1680 x 1050, but since there was no drop box, I had to click the arrows to find it. Well, I must have hit a resolution my monitor does not support, as now I can't see the screen any more to continue to my resolution. Firstly, a big "tsk tsk" for not having a drop box, and second, how do I manually set resolution? Anyone know where the config file is?
36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    The config file is prefs.prop, but I don't think it's human readable.
  • puzzlebox;558679 said:
    The config file is prefs.prop, but I don't think it's human readable.
    Hmmm... that file doesn't even exist in any search I run. Any idea where it may be?
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Same place as your saved games. At least that's where it lived and that's what it was called with previous Telltale games - I've no way of confirming right now as I'm still downloading JP myself. I'll check back as soon as I can.
  • same problem, tried changing the resolution, now stuck with a black screen.

:-(
  • I had the black screen to begin with.I will admit that my computer isnt the best when it comes to graphics but I have been able to play tt games on the lowest resolution setting before now. But again no drop box.
  • Same thing happened to me. I switched the resolution and now I can't get back into the game. I swear with stupid little bugs like this Telltale didn't test their game. If you switch resolutions "real" games will give you a chance to see if the resolution works, otherwise the game will revert back to the original working resolution. Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow until someone at Telltale is working to try to fix this issue.

So far I give Telltale a huge F! I'm a big fan of Jurassic Park and I was looking forward to playing this game. Maybe I should ask for a refund and not waste my time.
  • You can delete the prefs.prop file under Documents\Telltale Games\Jurassic Park The Game to reset the graphics options. That issue is going to be looked into further first thing in the morning, and I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Thing is I couldnt adjust it in the first place. Are the login and menu screens supposed to be black? I only ask because there was a background to all of the other log in screens for sam and max and bttf.
  • I tried deleting that file and it didn't work. Everytime I start the game the screen goes black and my monitor flashes un supported resolution. I could change the resolution the first time I installed the game.
  • I think the setting files are saved online or something. I went and deleted the entire folder under documents and when I restarted the game all the files came right back.
This discussion has been closed.