User Avatar Image

TV Shows!

posted by xChri5x on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users
What kind of TV shows is everyone into?

For me:

The Office (US): I've been into this show since the first season and I love it to death. I haven't seen alot of the 3rd season though. Not having cable and all...
LOST: I got into this last year by renting the entire first season on DVD and being blown away. The Ethan episode is still my favorite. I bought season 2 really cheap and haven't seen any season 3 episodes yet. I prefer watching them on DVD.
Scrubs: I recently got into this and find it hilarious even though some episodes can be better then others. I watch it late at night while at work so I've seen random episodes throughout the series.
South Park: recently got into this show too. I know... It can be hit and miss.
73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I did, too, forgot about that one.
    I have no idea how, considering I've got the DVDs sitting in front of me and I've been told that when I've been drinking I'm Bernard Black.
    I guess I've seen them so many times that I've blocked it out.
    I, however, will NEVER forget the dialogue between Manny and Bernard.

Manny: Is space hot?
    Bernard: Of course it is! Where do you think we get pinapples from?
  • Favorite TV shows currently airing, in no particular order:

Heroes
    Numb3rs (okay, I admit, I'm a mathematician and like this stuff!)
    CSI:
    CSI: NY
    Mythbusters
    Law and Order SVU
    Family Guy

Favorite TV shows no longer airing, again, in no particular order:

Whose Line is it anyway? (by the way, if you guys like that show, I highly recommend seeing Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood live doing improv comedy (stuff very similar to whose line?). I've seen them 3 times and every show has been completely different and absolutely hilarious!)
    Mr. Bean
    Hogan's Heroes
    Monty Python
    Fawlty Towers
    Get Smart (what can i say? Mel Brooks is a genius!)
    Mystery Science Theater 3000
  • new season of the mighty boosh starts in a couple of weeks! :):)
  • I saw the Mighty Boosh a few times, and every time it was the Yeti episode.
  • Hero1;45105 said:
    new season of the mighty boosh starts in a couple of weeks! :):)
    Interesting...
  • I don't really get into recent television much, I watch CSI and my entire evening most nights revolves around when Two and a Half Men repeats air, but apart form that there isn't much.

Lately I've been watching:
    The Wonder Years
    Are you Afraid of the dark
    Star Trek: Voyager
    Star Trek: Enterprise
    Mission Hill
    Beavis and Butthead
    Ren and Stimpy
    Futurama
    Red Dwarf
    Coupling
    Reba
    Still Standing
    King of the Hill

I tend to only get into shows after they either go off the air or get cancelled.
  • Hero1;45105 said:
    new season of the mighty boosh starts in a couple of weeks! :):)
    Well, the new episode was... interesting :)
  • tabacco;47070 said:
    Well, the new episode was... interesting :)
    I've seen the first two episodes.. loved the return of tony harrison/saboo in episode 1..episode 2 is crazier..both very good :)
  • I'd say Dexter is the most interesting and well put together series that's currently running. At least of the mainstream series. It has actually improved upon the already brilliant first season.

Heroes has stumbled a lot in its second season, and Prison Break hasn't really improved from the lousy second season either (first season of both series were excellent in my opinion). Lost, while at times being a bit slow on the plot progressing, has held up quite nicely in comparison. At least it is steadily proceeding to the eventual end of the story, unlike both Heroes and Prison Break which seem to linger on without any clear sense of direction.
    The classic HBO series OZ is in my opinion the first 'modern' TV-series that really showed how intense and of high quality TV-series can be. Before that the most interesting shows were pretty much solely lawyer and police dramas, along with a few sitcoms.

Whose Line Is It Anyway is good beyond words. :)
    I might be in the minority, but I enjoyed Chip Esten's and Wayne Brady's musical bits quite a lot as well, in addition to Mochrie, Stiles and Proops. I liked the UK shows at well, though you can see that it wasn't working quite as well in the first few seasons, before it had matured to what most people know it as.
  • Linque;47094 said:
    Heroes has stumbled a lot in its second season
    I think this might interest you: http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/entertainment/7101992.stm

It sounds as though it might pick up again.
Add Comment