User Avatar Image

Can you crack it?

posted by JedExodus on - last edited - Viewed by 881 users
Super-sleuthing/snooping arm of the UK government GCHQ has posted a code for potential employees to crack. If you're a smart cookie you might wanna consider giving it a whirl. As with all jobs in defence and security/espionage you'll however have to completely erase your online presence if your application is successful.

Source
21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    JedExodus;565652 said:
    Super-sleuthing/snooping arm of the UK government GCHQ has posted a code for potential employees to crack. If you're a smart cookie you might wanna consider giving it a whirl.
    Aw man... I'll be thinking about this all night now.

Thought it would be a good idea to [SPOILER]convert the hex to ASCII characters, but that doesn't seem to work. Nor does converting them to binary and looking for a pattern of letters in the 0s and 1s.[/SPOILER]
  • Those look like color codes to me...

Probably way off there... XD
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    RetroVortex;565682 said:
    Those look like color codes to me...

Probably way off there... XD
    I thought of HTML colour codes as well, but you need 6 letters in each code and the sets don't match up (vertically or horizontally)...
  • I'm not having much luck either. I've tried converting it into every format I can think of, and either i'm missing something or i'm just on the wrong track altogether.

Might be a little outside the box, I can't help but think i'm getting bogged down in computer jiggery pokery. Gonna have a look at some old school coded messages from the 40's, see if that prods any inspiration.
  • There are lots of consecutive 41's, 42's, ff's, and 00's. Do with that what you please.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    I just read the thread title only and thought I had to delete this thread at once. Phew, that was close. Don't you shock me like that! :D
  • D'aww, I was waiting for a new thread, so I could be the first to respond with a flat 'Six.'
  • I'm thinking this might be x86 machine code. Which means it's way over my head. I shall persevere regardless, maybe learn a thing or two.
    Vainamoinen;565734 said:
    I just read the thread title only and thought I had to delete this thread at once. Phew, that was close. Don't you shock me like that! :D
    You should know better, the JedEx name is a seal of quality and grammar errors.
  • JedExodus;565740 said:
    You should know better, the JedEx name is a seal of quality and grammar errors.
    a seal indicative of many grammar errors or of none?
Add Comment