User Avatar Image

xbox? wii? How about the Mac?!

posted by stimps on - last edited - Viewed by 543 users
I don't think I'm suggesting anything unruly here, but many faithful Sam and Max players are Mac people. Any thoughts about it?
19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yes, we've definitely thought about it. We have a lot of Mac users here at Telltale. :)
  • Now that a mac client is available on gametap, I assume mac support for Sam & Max is not far behind...

when can we expect to play the game on our macs?
  • User Avatar Image
    Ryan Telltale Alumni
    Thats not really in the cards just yet. We are trying to make the jump to Vista for the growing % of our customers who use it, work on new projects on new platforms as well as make our games easier to use. There are quite a bit of "we want mac " threads on our forums so we know you're out there...i'm a mac man myself.
  • Ahhhhh, Vistaaaa! (eyes sting)
  • I'd say the main problem is that there aren't as many Mac users as PC users. I'm personally a Windows user, I'd switch to Linux if more games were compatible with it, though.

I've heard that it's harder to program for the Mac, is that true?
  • User Avatar Image
    Mel
    NatsFan;34837 said:
    I'd say the main problem is that there aren't as many Mac users as PC users. I'm personally a Windows user, I'd switch to Linux if more games were compatible with it, though.

Over at Adventure Gamers, someone had a thread that listed games that they personally got to work in Linux. It might give you an idea of what's available.

It obviously isn't complete but games get added as they play them. :)
  • User Avatar Image
    jmm

Its different. But it is quite possible. The problem is that you need to *think different* :).

Check Aspyr's site (http://www.aspyr.com/) for a list of pc games ported to mac.
  • I think they would have to get the telltale engine to work with the mac..which could be considerable work..
  • User Avatar Image
    Mel
    Hero1;34937 said:
    I think they would have to get the telltale engine to work with the mac..which could be considerable work..
    They ported Out From Boneville but it seems, based on many of their posts, that it's a matter of manpower right now.
Add Comment