User Avatar Image

What if X was an Adventure Game

posted by Davies on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users
The idea behind this thread is for people to create pictures depicting what different forms of media would look like if they were a traditional adventure game.

You can use pretty much anything you desire as a source. For example, you can try turning your favourite film, book or (non-adventure) game into a classic point & click adventure.

To get the ball rolling, I've created these two...

[CENTER]image
Ridley's Scott's upcoming 'Alien Prequel'; 'Prometheus'. Elizabeth Shaw explores the pilot seat for the mysterious Space Jockey. In her inventory are the following items...

* A Weyland Corporation manual.
* A space helmet (needed for when exploring the surface of the alien planet).
* A detached Space Jockey head/helmet.
* A urn containing Space Jockey bio-technology.

'Red Dwarf' (British TV series). You play as Lister. In this picture you can see the available dialogue options when you talk to Rimmer.[/CENTER]
21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd play a Red Dwarf adventure game.
  • Yes, Red Dwarf game is needed... I want to click those dialogue lines!
  • Inb4 one of the mods decides this is too similar to the Telltale should make thread.
  • lovetodo22;586632 said:
    Inb4 one of the mods decides this is too similar to the Telltale should make thread.
    Except it's really not. This is a specific/niche art thread. Also, it's about imagining what various properties would look like if they were a classic point & click adventure game, not a 3D, non verb based TellTale product.

Furthermore, your comment is not constructive; you naughty swine. Be gone with you.
  • I'm good with it. And I would play the hell out of a Red Dwarf adventure game.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Davies;586635 said:
    Except it's really not. This is a specific/niche art thread. Also, it's about imagining what various properties would look like if they were a classic point & click adventure game, not a 3D, non verb based TellTale product.
    Riggght. I want to see PICTURES here. We can decide whether this is a forum game or not... LATER. ;)
  • This is such a cool idea for a thread surprised there aren't many responses. I plan to chip in a few photoshoped ideas once I invest in a decent graphics tablet.

Anyone remember that fan made image of what Tales of Monkey Island would look like as a 2d game with Le chuck's Revenge graphics?
  • presidentmax;586994 said:
    Anyone remember that fan made image of what Tales of Monkey Island would look like as a 2d game with Le chuck's Revenge graphics?
    Absolutely I do. However, for the life of me, I'm unable to locate it. Surely someone has a copy that they could post, seeming as it's completely suited to this thread.

If anyone's having a hard time remembering the picture in question, it was a 2D version of DeSinge's lab, with the classic verb interface.
  • [CENTER]What if 'The Big Lewbowski' was an adventure game...

image[/CENTER]
Add Comment