User Avatar Image

Mass Effect Thread

posted by WARP10CK on - last edited - Viewed by 6K users
WARNING SPOILERS FOR MASS EFFECT 3

Just finished Mass Effect 3 and was having a great time until the last 5 minutes of the game.

The ending you get is probably the most depressing ending and since this is mass effect that´s probably the bad ending right ?

Nope all the endings are almost identical no matter what you do and the outrage on biowares forums are huge.

I would not mind a sad ending but there is no explanation to what happened this is the gaming equivalent to the sopranos ending.

Nothing is really resolved and there is not even an epilogue.

Oh well just look at biowares forums then you know

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/355/index
359 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Ugh, don't remind me of those slow motion dream sequences. THEY weren't exactly my favorite.
  • Anyone know why didn't the star child just... call off the reapers? I mean he said the cycle must end now, why not just call them off and be done?
  • Gman5852;685905 said:
    Anyone know why didn't the star child just... call off the reapers? I mean he said the cycle must end now, why not just call them off and be done?
    Because it's not a cycle then.
    And let's face it. Fem-Shep is not Neo and Liara is not Trinity.
  • Vainamoinen;685885 said:
    Ugh, don't remind me of those slow motion dream sequences. THEY weren't exactly my favorite.
    I will say this...why did they feel the need to make you walk through it? Why not let it just be a cutscene? That's all that those sections amounted to.

Also, I get the feeling that the Catalyst(refuse to call it star-child) actually isn't a catalyst at all. It was a program designed to do a very specific thing, which was solve the problem of synthetic life-forms(NOT AI) rebelling against organic life-forms. It chose a very odd solution, yes, but still. Once it determined that the solution would no longer work, it required new input. A new catalyst. Hence Shepard.
  • Shadowknight1;685917 said:
    I will say this...why did they feel the need to make you walk through it? Why not let it just be a cutscene? That's all that those sections amounted to.
    So that you can experience the indoctrination first hand. ;)
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Shadowknight1;685917 said:

Also, I get the feeling that the Catalyst(refuse to call it star-child)
    Let's call this annoying piece of bad writing... Wesley.

Here's looking at you, Whil.
  • At least he wasn't voiced by Wil Wheaton. >_>

Again, I personally looked at the choices in front of me and weighed each option against what my Shepard had done in the past and found that synthesis was the best option.

Still think it's a gyp to me and others that play FemShep that the only way to leave behind a "legacy" beyond saving the galaxy and all that is to go for Liara and potentially have a bunch of blue children. :p
  • Shadowknight1;685641 said:
    No, no it wouldn't make a fitting conclusion.
    Except if it really was time constraints, that wouldn't have been the conclusion.

Heck, from what I've seen the concluding scene actually is was a blatant sequel hook.
  • I still subscribe to the indoctrination theory personally. When life gives you lemons...
    Darth Marsden;687391 said:
    Guh, still selling DLC even in a collection? EA are the most miserly bunch out there.
Add Comment