User Avatar Image

Mass Effect Thread

posted by WARP10CK on - last edited - Viewed by 11.4K users
WARNING SPOILERS FOR MASS EFFECT 3

Just finished Mass Effect 3 and was having a great time until the last 5 minutes of the game.

The ending you get is probably the most depressing ending and since this is mass effect that´s probably the bad ending right ?

Nope all the endings are almost identical no matter what you do and the outrage on biowares forums are huge.

I would not mind a sad ending but there is no explanation to what happened this is the gaming equivalent to the sopranos ending.

Nothing is really resolved and there is not even an epilogue.

Oh well just look at biowares forums then you know

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/355/index
359 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style

• I guess the'll still make their money with the DLC packs.
    A shame that these aren't included.
  • It's EA. What did you expect?
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I guess the'll still make their money with the DLC packs.
    A shame that these aren't included.

Let me revel in my very first utterance of the now common term: ROFL.

"The definitive Mass Effect experience" my firm as mutton butt.
    That crap probably even has Origin retroactively shoehorned into ME2 and ME1!

Neither BioWare nor Electronic Arts exist for me any more.
  • That crap probably even has Origin retroactively shoehorned into ME2 and ME1!

They are already available. You already have ME2 on Origin if you registered it to your BioWare account (if it is connected to your Origin account). Nothing special here. And still you have to use Bioware's servers to download their DLC.
    And then you have to install them with Win7 asking you for every pack if the installation failed because it doesn't send the correct signals after installation. Did I mention how the DLC packs are overpriced too? All happy fun times!
    Do they even include the "expanded ending" for ME3? All they mention is the worthless online pass that I'd never use in a 1000 years.
  • I don't care about the DLC and the trilogy set. Just give me ME1 please.
  • *contemplates if should reveal that works as Embedded QA in the Origin team at EA...*
  • If you do, you will be lynched. Seriously. That's how much we hate Origin round these parts.
  • If you do, you will be lynched. Seriously. That's how much we hate Origin round these parts.

Outside the EA headquarters everyone hates Origin.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Considering the leaked internal protest when the Ubilauncher was imposed on its prey, I would assume that even INSIDE the EA headquarters, a lot of Origin-haters could be found.

They STILL haven't fixed the DLC activation issue mentioned earlier or even acknowledged that it exists after seven months. They probably won't ever fix it, and they'll have the very same technology in future games and future versions of Origin. The net will tell me, because I won't ever gather any first hand experience with EA games again. Every time I wanted to start ME3 offline this last playthrough, I had to reboot my computer first. But I am rather glad it worked that way. :mad:
  • They STILL haven't fixed the DLC activation issue mentioned earlier or even acknowledged that it exists after seven months.

I already told you that there is nothing to fix. It works as they intend because otherwise you could just download the installers from Bioware and install every DLc without paying for it. The system works as they want it to. There is no need for a fix in their eyes.
Add Comment