User Avatar Image

How would you inprove The Monkey Island Games?

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users
I have been wondering some stuff about Tales Of Monkey Island and i realised after playing through it again that it is my favourite Monkey Island Game (i did think my favourite was Curse of Monkey Island).

But then i throught what was changed in the game to give us this game i think is great. i seen in a thread about some concepts for This Game (i think one was for the Poxed Guybrush when he got angry).

So This Thread is about what you would do to inprove Monkey Island games after this or would you keep it the way it is going right now. I would not change a thing because i think the game is already great. Also you can talk about stuff you wish the kept in the game from the concepts (again the only concept i can remember from some other thread is a different looking Poxed Guybrush) also you can talk about if other Monkey Island games should be inproved...(yes people can also talk about Monkey Island 2's Ending) so ill start off on saying that while Escape from Monkey Island was good i think it started to drag on a bit after you go to the island with Planet Threepwood
16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If telltale ever makes a second Tales of Monkey Island season, I hope they add more exploration. I mean bigger, crowded islands, not only panoramic scenarios with limited models for people. Tales felt lazy.
  • How can one improve upon perfection? :p

Well, aside from Escape from Monkey Island, I could see that being improved a bit.
  • new kind of puzzles, tt did it well with the "sound" puzzles for example
  • More QTEs less puzzles
  • Ribs;591443 said:
    More QTEs less puzzles

I bet you're a big fan of the whole "Lucasarts-exists-only-to-flog-crap-to-Star-Wars-fans" policy, too...
  • Ribs;591443 said:
    More QTEs less puzzles
    I hope that was a joke
  • The biggest improvement the series need is the watch movie button.
    (Enabled after you played through it at least once)

Of a different kind would be more randomized (within reason) puzzles.
    It would greatly improve the replay value if replaying wouldn't be doing exactly the same things again.
    (The way how to solve it can be the same, just shuffle around what items you need, where to get them, and what you have to do for those)
  • Remove the game breaking bugs, such as the volcano shot glass glitch I experienced today.
  • Wii version episode 4 Lechuck, Guybrush and the jail glitch it needs fixed! i only have episode 1 on my wii but i seen this glitch on youtube and it looks like a bad glitch
  • There's always room for improvement, so the poll is a bit disingenuous.

That said, TOMI was definitely an evolution in the franchise and took it to new heights from episode to episode. LucasArt's quizzical licensing policies permitting it some day, I say Telltale should carry on with their vision and, for starters, tweak the control scheme. Keep the click-hold-drag if you absolutely must, but for God's sake get rid of the hula hoop around Guybrush.
Add Comment