User Avatar Image

Pre-ordered through Telltale because it was not available on Steam...

posted by onesaint on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users
Now that I see it is, and that they are also offering the same 10% savings and chance to be in the game, I'm pretty bummed out/dissapointed. Will I be able to activate the game through Steam rather than just adding it to my Steam account? :confused: I want the achievements! :mad:
27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No, buying a game on the Telltale Store doesn't get you a free Steam code (with the exception of Poker Night).
  • Can't you just cancel your pre-order now and go get it on Steam instead?
  • Scnew;598190 said:
    Can't you just cancel your pre-order now and go get it on Steam instead?
    I hope so, sent an email to support. I understand its not the biggest deal but its the first time I've purchased through Telltale games website, kind of hoped the CD Key they would send would activate through Steam, guess I should of read around the forums a bit more!
  • The benefit of buying through Telltale's site is the chance that a 'deluxe' edition may be released later on (no word on this yet, though), and that you support the company a bit more directly. Of course, I want achievements, so I'll admit I'm a bit bummed as well...but more than likely, I'll do what I did with JP and get on sale it later for cheap just to reply and get the achievements :p
  • I'm gonna buy for PS3 as well, so I'll have achievements thru that. I just got PC version so I can play sooner and have a chance to be in the game!
  • onesaint;598188 said:
    Now that I see it is, and that they are also offering the same 10% savings and chance to be in the game, I'm pretty bummed out/dissapointed. Will I be able to activate the game through Steam rather than just adding it to my Steam account? :confused: I want the achievements! :mad:
    This burned me pretty harshly.
    I am in the same boat as you are.
    Never played any of Telltale games' games before. (ha... games' games)
    But this has definitely made me reconsider hastily buying games blindly again.

Guess I'll be waiting next time I see a game I want.
  • you can add the game to the steam librabrary and use the steam overlay just go into the steam options and add game.
  • i had the same problem, i explained to them that I would prefer the game on steam, and they refund me for my pre-order(no questions ask), i bought it after the refund confirmation email, on steam - only got my money in my PayPal today, so it take n day or 3. so i am very happy now...more happy in 4-5 hours when game get released.
  • I wish I could cancel and reorder on steam now but.. it's definitely too late. :/ Oh well. I'll look up the achievements and do them anyway.. get some mental achievements.. Those are almost as tangible right?

Edit: The second half of my post is a joke, apparently not everyone understood that. :D
  • take your order number from telltale and email steam they may be able to work something out.
This discussion has been closed.