User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead - Telltale build AVAILABLE NOW

posted by Mike on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users
Our build of the game is available NOW. You can download it by clicking the joystick icon in the upper right, and then selecting the download link for either PC or Mac.

We know we took a bit longer than expected to get this build to you, and we apologize for that.

Enjoy the game!
56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • when will the build for the xbox be ready
  • No problem Mike. Glad you guys finally got it up.
  • bo0berry;603466 said:
    when will the build for the xbox be ready
    Don't have an exact time, but the XBLA version will hit tomorrow for sure.
  • Though it probably took a lot longer than it should have, that's great news. Did you guys have to buy parts and build a new server? :-)

A couple serious questions though Mike:

1. For those who received Steam keys during the debacle, will these be revoked now that the game is available to directly download from Telltale? If not, can we continue using this key/ Steam installation to download/play future episodes?

2. Particularly important if the keys are being revoked, how do we transfer our save game(s) from the Steam version to the Telltale version. A FAQ/Sticky would definitely be helpful.

Great games and great support interaction throughout this whole mess, but Telltale really needs to insure that this doesn't happen (at least to this magnitude) again.
  • Nice to hear downloading now
  • Thanks, guys!
  • neildittmar;603473 said:

1. For those who received Steam keys during the debacle, will these be revoked now that the game is available to directly download from Telltale? If not, can we continue using this key/ Steam installation to download/play future episodes?
    They haven't taken mine away yet, but who knows what will happen. I HIGHLY doubt it though. They did this exact same thing two years ago with The Devil's Playhouse, and they didn't take those away.
    neildittmar;603473 said:

2. Particularly important if the keys are being revoked, how do we transfer our save game(s) from the Steam version to the Telltale version. A FAQ/Sticky would definitely be helpful.
    The saves for The Walking Dead are stored in the My Documents folder, just like every other Telltale release, and are read from the My Documents folder.
  • Yay! Thanks, Mike.
  • The Steam keys are definitely not being revoked, no. We know we dropped the ball with this a bit, so the Steam keys were a gift for anybody who pre-ordered. The Steam keys do unlock the entire season.

If you install our build of the game while the Steam version is currently installed, it will note that the game is installed and ask if you want to keep your current settings and saves.
This discussion has been closed.