Limited Choices discussion (merged threads)

18911131416

Comments

  • edited September 2012
    Red Panda wrote: »
    I've never seen it put like this before! Thanks for the fresh, original perspective! This really does deserve it's own thread! :)

    Took a little thought and time :d
  • edited September 2012
    Why do people keep making individual threads on this subject? WE GET IT. *facepalm*

    Here we go again....
  • edited September 2012
    Maybe some people like to get the product that was advertised? I still enjoy the story we get, but they shouldn't put at the start of every episode the story is tailored and changes depending on the choices when ttg have made the decisions for us already.
  • edited September 2012
    You don't want choices, you want to be Gods. Well, you are weak whining humans both in the game and RL apparently. Get over it.

    Do you know what choice is? Choice is whether to be good or bad to a little girl who's parents are probably dead.
    Saving everybody from certain death is your latent dream of being more than you are. You want to be heroes you're not in RL and because you can't be, you start crying that the game doesn't allow you to make choices.
    This is pathetic, honestly!
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    You don't want choices, you want to be Gods. Well, you are weak whining humans both in the game and RL apparently. Get over it.

    Do you know what choice is? Choice is whether to be good or bad to a little girl who's parents are probably dead.
    Saving everybody from certain death is your latent dream of being more than you are. You want to be heroes you're not in RL and because you can't be, you start crying that the game doesn't allow you to make choices.
    This is pathetic, honestly!

    My hero. I salute you, Kind Person.
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    You don't want choices, you want to be Gods. Well, you are weak whining humans both in the game and RL apparently. Get over it.

    Do you know what choice is? Choice is whether to be good or bad to a little girl who's parents are probably dead.
    Saving everybody from certain death is your latent dream of being more than you are. You want to be heroes you're not in RL and because you can't be, you start crying that the game doesn't allow you to make choices.
    This is pathetic, honestly!

    So bitter, I can go be mean or nice to a little girl in real life.

    Get it?
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    You don't want choices, you want to be Gods. Well, you are weak whining humans both in the game and RL apparently. Get over it.

    Do you know what choice is? Choice is whether to be good or bad to a little girl who's parents are probably dead.
    Saving everybody from certain death is your latent dream of being more than you are. You want to be heroes you're not in RL and because you can't be, you start crying that the game doesn't allow you to make choices.
    This is pathetic, honestly!

    Exactly, well said sir.
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    You don't want choices, you want to be Gods. Well, you are weak whining humans both in the game and RL apparently. Get over it.

    Do you know what choice is? Choice is whether to be good or bad to a little girl who's parents are probably dead.
    Saving everybody from certain death is your latent dream of being more than you are. You want to be heroes you're not in RL and because you can't be, you start crying that the game doesn't allow you to make choices.
    This is pathetic, honestly!
    don't push your insecurities on others, if we wanted to be gods we d play gta or saints row, stop trying to be profound about death, everyone knows its an inevitability, people aren't upset because they are mortal it's because they want a game that is tailored to their choices made, not pre made by ttg. You have an inferiority complex please see a doctor.
  • edited September 2012
    All I want is some choices that let me have impact on an outcome. Of course not every single choice because that would be too expensive to develop, but at least 1 or 2 choices that make something different. So far the game is good but the whole choice issue is bothering indeed if that's what you expected. And rightfully so according to how this game was marketed. And it didn't deliver in this regard, which was a huge selling point for many. That's why there are so many complaints about it. Most people like the game but are disappointed by the fact of not being able to alter anything within the game.
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    Do you know what choice is? Choice is whether to be good or bad to a little girl who's parents are probably dead.
    Saving everybody from certain death is your latent dream of being more than you are. You want to be heroes you're not in RL and because you can't be, you start crying that the game doesn't allow you to make choices.
    This is pathetic, honestly!

    I have already stated on that forum, that from the game perspective, the choice is when the game reacts in some reasonable way to your action, which is not happening. What's the meaning of all those choices if the game just discards them and gives you exactly the same reaction?
    And if this game is about some murderer doing babysitting in ZA world, I'd rather TTG tell me this now, because this is not the kind of story I am interested in.
  • edited September 2012
    MichaCHOW wrote: »
    So bitter, I can go be mean or nice to a little girl in real life.

    Get it?

    I get it, but I'm not sure you do. Yes you can be mean or nice to a little girl and that will be a choice you can make.
    You can't save everybody's lives because you're not God. It will be a choice to try or not, the result is irrelevant. Sometimes there are things you cannot change.
    Do you, get it now?

    ommmnomnomnom, I'm not the one crying about the game, am I?
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    I get it, but I'm not sure you do. Yes you can be mean or nice to a little girl and that will be a choice you can make.
    You can't save everybody's lives because you're not God. It will be a choice to try or not, the result is irrelevant. Sometimes there are things you cannot change.
    Do you, get it now?

    ommmnomnomnom, I'm not the one crying about the game, am I?

    And you just admitted that the choice doesn't matter.

    I'm not crying about anything, I'm just clearing up things for people like you except you keep mentioning God like you're the psychologist of the year who thinks they've analyzed everyone's perspective and summed it down to everyone wanting to be the simplest, thing to conclude to.

    You're crying about everyone else crying, so how about you quit being hypocrite, that's pathetic. You're not helping yourself or anyone when you answer one of us in comparison to everyone who replies to you.

    There simply is no tailored choice in this game, it's a copy and paste dialogue comic book with the media title "video game"
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    OP, who said that there wasn't sex in the game? Are you sure that Kenny and Katjaa do not do it in the RV? I'm perfectly okay to be in the dark about this. Go ask the developers if you care that much.

    Your problem is not the lack of sex in the game, it's your character's lack of sex that bothers you.
    Which brings us back to what Weili said:

    Sure, they might. And yes of course it's your character that's the problem. It doesn't have to happen but you could open the possibility. It could bring a lot of drama to the plot and it's a realistic thing to happen.

    Insulting me won't gain you a thing, the fact that you feel so strongly for the idea of sex in the game (up the point of insulting me for bringing it up) says more of you than of me.
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    Also, next time before you decide to start a new thread, you can use the search engine to check whether there are such topic or not. Guess what, there is another absolutely identical thread. If you're not gonna do it for us, do it for the mods. Make it easier on them.

    I did search and didn't found anything, maybe I should have tried harder but half the topics I've seen in the shot time I've been here are of things talked about before. The mods could merge the topic if they want. Besides the sex part was only part of what I said, you're all so hung up on it that you forget everything else.

    If you want to help the mods you should stop trying to do their job, especially since you do it while being hostile and insulting. You'll only create trouble and flame wars.
  • edited September 2012
    /cough.
    I WANTED To type something pretty darn long,
    But i'll just do a tl;dr for all Qqers- People FUCKING Die.
  • edited September 2012
    I disagree. I think being married, 33, and about to be a parent can make a person more mature. There are obviously exceptions, but resorting to straw man arguments ("it's your character's lack of sex that bothers you") and straight up ad hominem attacks ("horny teenagers") doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in a person that's about to judge someone else's maturity level on the internet.

    It personally hasn't occured to me that I'd want more sex to happen in this game, but being so abrasive in response to the idea being mentioned, and declaring the person who brought it up to be "immature" and calling him a "horny teenager" in the process seems like a pot & kettle situation to me.

    To me stating that Telltale lied and false advertised their game because some people want to have God given powers and other feel bad for not being able to bone a certain character in the game is not something I'm gonna take as mature attitude.

    Aldaron, it does say more about me? You know that I did check your thread and I found 3 pages of arguments how the game could've been better if it had more sex.
  • edited September 2012
    I think many people are just missing the point there.

    It's not Carley death why people got mad at the game and TTG. It's how the game discards players' choices what got them mad. And Carley death was only a trigger. Many people were attached to Carley and when they saw her die they just tried to re-load and find different outcome... To find out that there is no choice, there is only illusion of a choice, and the game advertisement, is, uhm, fake.
  • edited September 2012
    MichaCHOW wrote: »
    And you just admitted that the choice doesn't matter.

    I'm not crying about anything, I'm just clearing up things for people like you except you keep mentioning God like you're the psychologist of the year who thinks they've analyzed everyone's perspective and summed it down to everyone wanting to be the simplest, thing to conclude to.

    You're crying about everyone else crying, so how about you quit being hypocrite, that's pathetic. You're not helping yourself or anyone when you answer one of us in comparison to everyone who replies to you.

    There simply is no tailored choice in this game, it's a copy and paste dialogue comic book with the media title "video game"

    Oh, I'm sorry, did I touch a nerve? I didn't post my comment to anybody specifically. It was my perception of the general attitude of the people in this thread. If you recognized yourself in my words, it's your own problem, not mine.

    When did I exactly admit that choices do not matter? You (I'm being specific now) clearly do not know the difference between a choice and a result.

    Maugly, choice and result are two different things. You can try to save her or not. That's choice.
    Her death is the RESULT of somebody else's choice.
  • edited September 2012
    Maugly wrote: »
    I think many people are just missing the point there.

    It's not Carley death why people got mad at the game and TTG. It's how the game discards players' choices what got them mad. And Carley death was only a trigger. Many people were attached to Carley and when they saw her die they just tried to re-load and find different outcome... To find out that there is no choice, there is only illusion of a choice, and the game advertisement, is, uhm, fake.

    What about DOUG?
  • edited September 2012
    What about DOUG?

    Doug had much less likers, so their voice is not heard. You know, you can always scrap the minority. :)
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    Oh, I'm sorry, did I touch a nerve? I didn't post my comment to anybody specifically. It was my perception of the general attitude of the people in this thread. If you recognized yourself in my words, it's your own problem, not mine.

    When did I exactly admit that choices do not matter? You (I'm being specific now) clearly do not know the difference between a choice and a result.

    Maugly, choice and result are two different things. You can try to save her or not. That's choice.
    Her death is the RESULT of somebody else's choice.

    You're full of it is my response to your first line.

    The result is irrelevant you said. No one said you can't make a choice, we're talking about the results of making choices, and the choices don't matter because the result is always the same.

    Get it right, troll. No one said you can't make a choice. Said it twice for you.
  • vixviccovixvicco Banned
    edited September 2012
    I agree with the choices point. I feel as if the characters that were killed of make it easier for them to tie up lose ends, and not have to keep with separate voice actors anymore or something. Maybe I'm wrong, but that was lazy on their part. I never liked Lilly, but I found her behavior in the last episode to be unlike her (then again, her father just got killed). Its' hard to say, but I feel like that was just an easy way to get rid her too.

    In terms of the sex, each to their own. I never had any problems playing any games that have no sex scenes. Its really not important. If you want that, just continue reading the comics.
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    Her death is the RESULT of somebody else's choice.

    Somebody else's (the writers of the game) not ours, well said.
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    Maugly, choice and result are two different things. You can try to save her or not. That's choice.
    Her death is the RESULT of somebody else's choice.

    From the game FAQ: 'A decision that you make or something that you say will have repercussions not only in the episode that you’re playing'.

    Please name me one effect of my choice during the road argument scene that had an effect during the episode I was playing?
  • edited September 2012
    Let's keep it nice in here, shall we?

    Weili, stop posting pictures of yourself, please. A thoughtful and polite argument is much more appreciated.

    Insults to other members are not tolerated.
  • edited September 2012
    What about DOUG?

    People who choice Doug do not care about e-love that much. That's probably one of the reason why we haven't seem them cry as much as those who choose Carley.

    MichaCHOW, this is the last time I'm writing something directly to you. I'm really not gonna spend my time with you anymore.

    There is result of making choices. You can be bad or good to Clem, Lilly, Kenny, Katjaa and pretty much everyone in the game. You can save either Carley or Doug in ep 1. You can decide to kill the brothers in ep. 2 or show mercy. You can either retain hope and help Larry and assist in killing him. Those are choices and they affect the characters. As the characters are integral to the story, then choices affect the story.

    You want your God like powers and being able to save everybody.
    the choices don't matter because the result is always the same.
    You forget that the other character make choices as well. Lilly choose to shot Carley/Ben, it was her choice not yours. You choose to leave her or take her with you. Later her choice is to steal the RV.
    I'm sorry that your choices are not as Godly as you want them.

    Maugly, Lee was not the prime star in that argument. In ep.4 you'll probably see the effects of your choices.
    I can tell you choices that have been affecting the story since ep. 1.
    Example: Be nice or mean to Kenny. It changes your entire perception of the story.
    This is still ep. 3. The story is far from over. There's not really a reason to believe that your choices won't affect your Kenny/Lee relationship in ep 4 and 5.
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    People who choice Doug do not care about e-love that much. That's probably one of the reason why we haven't seem them cry as much as those who choose Carley.

    MichaCHOW, this is the last time I'm writing something directly to you. I'm really not gonna spend my time with you anymore.

    There is result of making choices. You can be bad or good to Clem, Lilly, Kenny, Katjaa and pretty much everyone in the game. You can save either Carley or Doug in ep 1. You can decide to kill the brothers in ep. 2 or show mercy. You can either retain hope and help Larry and assist in killing him. Those are choices and they affect the characters. As the characters are integral to the story, then choices affect the story.

    You want your God like powers and being able to save everybody.


    You forget that the other character make choices as well. Lilly choose to shot Carley/Ben, it was her choice not yours. You choose to leave her or take her with you. Later her choice is to steal the RV.
    I'm sorry that your choices are not as Godly as you want them.

    You really don't get anything at all, go backwards a page and read the longer thing I put. None of the things you say or do matter because what happens?

    Clem only wants her parents, Lilly leaves regardless, Kenny will always be broken and your friend at the end of Episode three, Katjaa and Duck will always die, the brothers are obviously never seen again, Larry's dead indefinitely, Carley/Doug is dead indefinitely. Choice affects story? Maybe if you only played once and didn't try any repeats that's what YOU think. But in the end whatever "Choices" you made didn't do anything, so pay attention, quit trying to be so self-righteous and think you know everything.

    You're pulling all this "someone else made the choice" out of your ass, that has nothing to do with what choice the PLAYER makes. Your entire argument is irrelevant troll
  • edited September 2012
    Exactly. You can't change the outcome of the scene outside the RV because no matter what you (Lee) do, Carley will always defend Ben and stand up to Lilly, which causes Lilly to shoot her. You can't prevent her death because she makes choices as well, and her choice is to defend Ben.

    And I think you're wrong there, episode 3 doesn't always end with Kenny being your friend, don't know where you got that from.
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    Maugly, Lee was not the prime star in that argument. In ep.4 you'll probably see the effects of your choices.
    I can tell you choices that have been affecting the story since ep. 1.
    Example: Be nice or mean to Kenny. It changes your entire perception of the story.
    This is still ep. 3. The story is far from over. There's not really a reason to believe that your choices won't affect your Kenny/Lee relationship in ep 4 and 5.

    Please. Episode 3 is a stand-alone product, it is sold as a stand-alone product, and I was said (I even quoted you this part) that I've got to see an effect of my decisions right in the episode I am playing. It's like... idk...

    - Frodo, are you going to Mordor to fullfill your mission?
    - Yes.
    - Okay, than take this ring. You will meet nazguls, Legolas and stuff (...)
    - Frodo, are you going to Mordor to fullfill your mission?
    - No.
    - You must. Take this ring. You will meet nazguls, Legolas and stuff (... the same story, and may be in the end of the fourth book you've got to see an effect of your decision).

    I really feel deceived.
  • edited September 2012
    MichaCHOW wrote: »
    You really don't get anything at all, go backwards a page and read the longer thing I put. None of the things you say or do matter because what happens?

    Clem only wants her parents, Lilly leaves regardless, Kenny will always be broken and your friend at the end of Episode three, Katjaa and Duck will always die, the brothers are obviously never seen again, Larry's dead indefinitely, Carley/Doug is dead indefinitely. Choice affects story? Maybe if you only played once and didn't try any repeats that's what YOU think. But in the end whatever "Choices" you made didn't do anything, so pay attention, quit trying to be so self-righteous and think you know everything.

    You're pulling all this "someone else made the choice" out of your ass, that has nothing to do with what choice the PLAYER makes. Your entire argument is irrelevant troll

    I'm not even going to bother to respond to that. I'm giving up on you. I do get what your saying, I just do not found your argument to be valid.
    And no, I'm not a troll, I'm just posting in a topic you turned to war zone.

    Maugly, plenty of things are different in ep.3. The NPC's attitude towards you is mirroring the way you treat them. You can't change the way Lilly interacts with the others, but you can change how she behaves to you.
    I was said (I even quoted you this part) that I've got to see an effect of my decisions right in the episode I am playing
    What I'm supposed to say here? You can see the effect of your decisions.
    When Ben tells you he's the traitor you can either be good or hostile. I guess this will play a part in ep. 4.
  • edited September 2012
    Viser wrote: »
    Exactly. You can't change the outcome of the scene outside the RV because no matter what you (Lee) do, Carley will always defend Ben and stand up to Lilly, which causes Lilly to shoot her. You can't prevent her death because she makes choices as well, and her choice is to defend Ben.

    And I think you're wrong there, episode 3 doesn't always end with Kenny being your friend, don't know where you got that from.

    Why do I get to make like 3 choices during that conversation? For the game to show me my choices does not always affect an outcome? But well, that's directly contradict their advertisement...
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    I'm not even going to bother to respond to that. I'm giving up on you. I do get what your saying, I just do not found your argument to be valid.
    And no, I'm not a troll, I'm just posting in a topic you turned to war zone.



    Your argument has no validation in choices. It literally makes no sense where you came up with your argument. Like I said before, no one said anything about not being able to make choices, it's the effect. (Oh wait there is none because it's always the same result)

    You're the one provoking it calling everyone pathetic in generalization and saying "struck a nerve?" It's a double-fault so don't act like it's all on me.
  • edited September 2012
    Maugly wrote: »
    Why do I get to make like 3 choices during that conversation? For the game to show me my choices does not always affect an outcome? But well, that's directly contradict their advertisement...

    In order to affect how Ben and the group perceive you. Like, would you be willing to kick Ben out of the group based on suspicion, or would you like to analyze the situation better, or maybe you thought Ben was guilty, but deserved a second chance?

    And we know that people's perception of Lee affects the way they treat him. So yeah, I'd say it matters.

    That's what I'm thinking, at least.
  • edited September 2012
    Viser wrote: »
    In order to affect how Ben and the group perceive you. Like, would you be willing to kick Ben out of the group based on suspicion, or would you like to analyze the situation better, or maybe you thought Ben was guilty, but deserved a second chance?

    And we know that people's perception of Lee affects the way they treat him. So yeah, I'd say it matters.

    That's what I'm thinking, at least.

    It doesn't affect how they percieve you if they're all dead and Ben ends up admitting the truth to you whether you ask him again or not

    And in the end of the episode everyone treats Lee the same. Kenny lost his family now Lee is his only friend. Christa/Omid will be pissed at Lee for saving whomever first. Nothing affects how people percieve Lee.
  • edited September 2012
    Viser wrote: »
    In order to affect how Ben and the group perceive you. Like, would you be willing to kick Ben out of the group based on suspicion, or would you like to analyze the situation better, or maybe you thought Ben was guilty, but deserved a second chance?

    And we know that people's perception of Lee affects the way they treat him. So yeah, I'd say it matters.

    That's what I'm thinking, at least.

    I don't get to kick Ben out of the group in episode 3. Did I miss something?
    Please, yet again, don't start this 'in the next episode' stuff.
  • edited September 2012
    Maugly wrote: »
    I don't get to kick Ben out of the group in episode 3. Did I miss something?
    Please, yet again, don't start this 'in the next episode' stuff.

    Please don't start this "I want it in this episode". It's a story divided into 5 parts. Rate a book once you've read the whole of it, not only the first 3 chapters.
  • edited September 2012
    Mad fanboys trolls <3 just ignore and stop wasting your time tbh

    As for upcoming episodes.... well after Episode 1 it had been addressed by the community and
    G.Ross wrote: »
    The designers are trying really hard to make those choices matter further down the rabbit hole. I'm hoping you'll be pleased. :)

    still no sings of it.
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    Please don't start this "I want it in this episode". It's a story divided into 5 parts. Rate a book once you've read the whole of it, not only the first 3 chapters.

    It's not a chapter, it's a volume. Do you rate 'The Hobbit', or just all 4 books alltogether? Do you rate 'The Vicomte de Bragelonne', or just all 3 books?

    Edit: Ahhhh, do you rate StarWars as all 6 movies, or just one-by-one? :)
  • edited September 2012
    MichaCHOW wrote: »
    It doesn't affect how they percieve you if they're all dead and Ben ends up admitting the truth to you whether you ask him again or not

    And in the end of the episode everyone treats Lee the same. Kenny lost his family now Lee is his only friend. Christa/Omid will be pissed at Lee for saving whomever first. Nothing affects how people percieve Lee.

    Where do you get that Lee is Kenny's only friend? If you don't want to be his friend, you can treat him like crap, and he won't ever help you or think of you as a friend. Plus, what do you mean "They're all dead"? As far as I know, Ben, Kenny, and Clementine were also outside the RV with Lee when it all happened. And of course Omid/Christa were pissed at the moment, but do you really think they will forget you helped them?

    And in the end of THIS EPISODE it might seem they're treating Lee the same, but goddamit, just wait for the whole game to be out.
  • edited September 2012
    dubesor wrote: »
    Mad fanboys trolls <3 just ignore and stop wasting your time tbh

    As for upcoming episodes.... well after Episode 1 it had been addressed by the community and



    still no sings of it.

    Predicted release date! ...Before 2013!
  • edited September 2012
    Maugly wrote: »
    It's not a chapter, it's a volume. Do you rate 'The Hobbit', or just all 4 books alltogether? Do you rate 'The Vicomte de Bragelonne', or just all 3 books?

    I didn't get your Hobbit and 4 books altogether statement. I rate the Hobbit as a book on it's own and LOTR as a book on it's own.
    The first 3 episodes are chapters/episodes of a book/tv show season. They are all part of the same story.
    Season 2 will probably be another story that you can call volume 2/season 2/book 2.
This discussion has been closed.